Opinions on CHAMPIRO HPZ-35 GT Radials?

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
Okay, Since I decided on 18" rims, I've been poking around for budget-friendly tires and came upon these;

Champiro HPZ

The Ultimate Ultra High Performance Tire with Ultra-Low Profile, Gives You Astounding Performance, Exceptional Grip on Wet and Dry Roads and Incredibly Excellent Handling. Developed to Meet the Stringent Needs of the Most Demanding Motorists for Ultra-High Performance Tires, GT Radial Champiro HPZ Has All the Answers to Your Requirements. DRIVING AT DAZZLING SPEED CAN BECOME AMAZINGLY EASY......ONLY WITH CHAMPIRO HPZ

PT GAJAH TUNGGAL TBK - INDONESIA

GT RADIAL - CHAMPIRO HPZ-35
Indonesia_20083317136(1).jpg

I can get a set of four 265/35/18 shipped for under four large (that's $400). :p

Anyone ever hear of them?

uh, wait just one minute...

Fire away!

flame_suit.jpg

Thanks,
Mike

Toasty

Established Member
For $400 buy them and road test them yourself and let us know the results.

My guess is that 'you get what you pay for', but am willing to be happily surprised.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ok look, the only part of your entire 3800lb piece of steel that touches the road is the tires. If you are willing to risk your life and your car on a pair of dirt cheap, no name tires, thats your business, but its not very smart.

If you couldn't afford to put decent tires on the car, you shouldn't have bought the wheels.

sorry to be harsh, but its really not prudent to dump a lot of cash on wheels and them cheap out on tires.

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
^^^hence, the flame suit on...^^^

Ok, I get the fact that rubber is the only contact point. What I am looking for is an opinion of the brand from someone who has either used them, or maybe even heard some feedback about them.

I didn't say that I couldn't afford to put decent tires on. I just don't believe in spending more than I have to. The new BBK 18" Cobra replica wheels only cost me $400 so I do have some room for tire loot.

Thanks,
Mike

"It's not about having more money, it's about getting more out of life for the money you have."

ok look, the only part of your entire 3800lb piece of steel that touches the road is the tires. If you are willing to risk your life and your car on a pair of dirt cheap, no name tires, thats your business, but its not very smart.

If you couldn't afford to put decent tires on the car, you shouldn't have bought the wheels.

sorry to be harsh, but its really not prudent to dump a lot of cash on wheels and them cheap out on tires.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Yeah, I would get sumotomos before those. I just dont trust non name brand tires.

Try ebay or the forums there is always someone selling good tires for cheap..

Quads right about it being the only thing that touches the ground.

No experience with that particular tread pattern of champiro but have put quite a few on for customers and have never been impressed. Always seem to take alot of weight to balance and get alot of noise complaints. Not flaming you at all though man, i know you arent asking what type of tire you should buy but i have these...

http://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+ASX&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=635WR8EASX&fromCompare1=yes&place=38

on my cobra and absolutely love them. Quiet, smooth, and they are great in all weather conditions

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
Thanks Much, That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Mike

No experience with that particular tread pattern of champiro but have put quite a few on for customers and have never been impressed. Always seem to take alot of weight to balance and get alot of noise complaints. Not flaming you at all though man, i know you arent asking what type of tire you should buy but i have these...

http://http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+ASX&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=635WR8EASX&fromCompare1=yes&place=38

on my cobra and absolutely love them. Quiet, smooth, and they are great in all weather conditions

kwik9

Established Member
Those look like twins to the Riken Raptor ZR.
Riken is a Michelin/BFGoodrich offshoot which
is made in Indonesia. I'm betting Champiro GT
is Riken's twin sister. FWIW, I have the Riken
Raptor ZR tires on my car, and they have been
great. They have good traction wet or dry, good
cornering ability, not much noise, and have worn
well (so far). While they may not be as good as
some of the higher end products, they seem to be
a good tire for the price. If you have any fears that
Champiro may be a lesser version, I can certainly
recommend the Riken's in their place.

Mike's_98_Snake

Established Member
kwik9 Thanks!

From what I've read, there is some business arrangement between Champiro & Michelin. So your info about the Michelin/Riken/Indonesia relationship does make this more interesting...

makriluc

Established Member
I too have the Riken Raptor ZR on my Cobra.
Like Kwik9 said, I love the way they handle the road, good cornering, not noisy at all. I can't say for wet traction as I try to avoid those situations. I had Fuzion on my previous Stang and the Ripken are as good.
My $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread