Opinions on BFG KDW 2's

Quik Z06

Established Member
I just bought a set from Tirerack 295 35 18 and I was curious what other people think of them? My buddy has some on his STi, but I cant really compare since I know I could have had cheap tires on my Evo and still had traction. I currently have the Toyo T1R's and dont care for them, just making a sharp turn at low speed they squeal. Im hopng these will grip better since I can spin through 1st and 2nd pretty easily. Any opinions on these would be appreciated. Thanks

BTW they will be here tomorrow and I should have them on either late tomorrow or Saturday.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
I have a buddy w/ an 03 Cobra with those tires and he spins in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear but then again almost all cobras do...
If he does a good burnout and drops the air pressure they have hooked decent but you will be buying somemore after like 2000 miles doig that..

I have them as my front tires and byfar they have been the best fronts Ive had...There lasting 2 times longer already then all my other tires did and they still have like 75% tread life left...

Quik Z06

Established Member
Ok Ive had them for a couple days now, havent really got on it with them, but they seem to handle pretty good. I took off agressively and they seem to have better traction than my Toyo's did. If I like them im gonna have to get a set for the Z06.

slackerme

Established Member
Put about 7000 miles on myne so far and they are the best tire I have ever bought. I have a 2003 gt so its not real easy to spin the tires to begin with with just tepping on the gas but even when I pop the cluch the hook pretty good. In the rain tho these tires are amazing.

I will definatly buy again and they also look awsome

Quik Z06

Established Member
The noise its not what people make it out to be, matter of fact I didnt think of it until you just mentioned it. These tires hook pretty good, I can still spin them, but they hook way better than Goodyears and the Toyo T1Rs I had. I'll probably buy some for the Vette too.

YELOSNK

Established Member
Love thes tires. Awesome traction, surprisingly good in the rain and the tread pattern looks sweet to boot. The guy at Discount made it seem like they were going to scream at me on the highway. But I didn't listen and got them put on. Pulled out onto the street and heard nothing. So I went on the highway, put up the windows, turned off the radio and turned off the air and I could barely hear them (and I mean barely). The only time I have really heard the tire whine was when the car was on the dyno.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
YELOSNK said:
Love thes tires. Awesome traction, surprisingly good in the rain and the tread pattern looks sweet to boot. The guy at Discount made it seem like they were going to scream at me on the highway. But I didn't listen and got them put on. Pulled out onto the street and heard nothing. So I went on the highway, put up the windows, turned off the radio and turned off the air and I could barely hear them (and I mean barely). The only time I have really heard the tire whine was when the car was on the dyno.

interesting, the reviews said the noise was way more apparent after 10k miles or something. I am currently down to the KDW2's and the GS-D3s ...thanks for the tips guys. :thumbsup:

YELOSNK

Established Member
speedofsound said:
interesting, the reviews said the noise was way more apparent after 10k miles or something. I am currently down to the KDW2's and the GS-D3s ...thanks for the tips guys. :thumbsup:

More apparent after 10K miles eh? Well I have less than 500 on them so I don't know about that. Hopefully that isn't true, but 10K miles is over a year away for me so I'll deal with it then. :D

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
YELOSNK said:
More apparent after 10K miles eh? Well I have less than 500 on them so I don't know about that. Hopefully that isn't true, but 10K miles is over a year away for me so I'll deal with it then. :D

yeah the opinions vary, which is why I am having such a hard time deciding. The KDW NTs have been known to howl after 10-15k miles and the KDW2 about the same (just reading the reviews at tirerack and discount tire). Nonetheless, I think I am going to go with the KDW2s anyway, they are too badass looking to pass up :rockon:

grendel

Established Member
ok i work at discount tire and i also have them on my saleen, 265/35/18 in the front and 295/35/18 in the rear. they handle great and can hook pretty good also, because i cant rotate teh tires the fronts are a little loud do to choppy wear. another thing is they are one of the lower priced tires in the 18's

Users who are viewing this thread