opinions on a good deal

JohnsMyName

Established Member
I know a guy selling a clutch kit, and I'm in the market right now. The part # is fms-m-7060-c46 and the price IS $175. it's the 99' 11'' upgrade with the flywheel included. I plan on sticking mainly stock (bolt-ons) and the car is a DD. After alot of research I decided on a King Cobra kit, but for the small differences and better price what do you guys think?

SnkBitPny

Established Member
I've got the '99 cobra clutch/flywheel kit that you are talking about in my
'98. I got it because its a great deal, and I didn't have much money at the time. It feels the same as stock, but it is larger in diameter than the stock 10.5" clutch/flywheel so you will pick up a bit of extra rotational mass. I wouldn't let that sway you from it though. The difference is negligable. I didn't notice any difference in my ET's. If you're looking for a stock replacement, and you want to put on a new flywheel as opposed to resurfacing your old one then go for it.

P.S. You might want to go ahead and get a new throwout bearing for good measure since you are going to have the clutch out anyway.;-)

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
You might want to go ahead and get a new throwout bearing for good measure since you are going to have the clutch out anyway

Their is no might about it, replace it. It will save headaches down the road and they are only like $20 max if i remember correctly

Shoeman 1

Established Member
Just put one in my 97 a whille back when I replaced the motor, no problems with it so far. Make sure you replace the t.o. bearing & get it in the right place on the shaft.

SnkBitPny

Established Member
Their is no might about it, replace it. It will save headaches down the road and they are only like $20 max if i remember correctly

I was attempting to lay on a little sarcasm by stating an obvious necessity in a relaxed manner because I didn't know the OP's level of knowledge, and I didn't want to sound preachy. I guess it didn't come through very well.

Last edited:

JohnsMyName

Established Member
Oh I deffinitely will, the TOB is the reason I'm doing the work, the whole clutch kit is a $175 peice to save headaches down the road while I'm in there lol. The car has original clutch and it's at 73k so I figure my TOB that's been chirping for the past 3 years/ 20k miles has got to go. I can't decide on Timken or Ford peice though, but I don't think it matters as long as it's one of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread