opinions needed

so9956

Established Member
i have seen a couple guys on here who have the tips of their exhaust sticking out a couple inches past the trim where it normally shows......i think it looks pretty mean and was thinking about getting it done, looking for you guys opinions on it, yes, no, like it, don't like it???

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
well i dont know if mine stick out to far or not(maybe a lil bit) but they're just the way i like them. I've seen other that really stick out that it looks like they are going to trip people on the sidewalk. here are few pics
tips2gh8.jpg

tips1dv6.jpg

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
i think it looks ridiculous when the tips are sticking out past the cutout..they arent bent to be stuck out like that, look at tazman's 3rd pic...tips arent flush.....not to call you out buddy, just making a point:thumbsup:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
1sweetSVT said:
i think it looks ridiculous when the tips are sticking out past the cutout..they arent bent to be stuck out like that, look at tazman's 3rd pic...tips arent flush.....not to call you out buddy, just making a point:thumbsup:
Okay, look at pic #2 :shrug: and then pic #3 It an optical illusion. I know it plays with your mind, Oh and they are tilted slightly down to let water drain out....

Last edited:

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
wow tazman1 those are really sticking out. In a way they are cool cause people on the sidewalk will fill the fumes on their feet. that would turn me on haha

2tonOfun

Established Member
Mine are somewhere between SVT RELAMPAGO and TAZMAN1's.
Mine are also 3.5" and I think it is important to get the edges parallel with the body work. I took extra care to get mine just right (it is all welded, no clamps) and I love em. I say stick them out a bit, it's badder.

Banned
Don't hide the shine! The tips make a statement...IMO

I have had several unknowing chaps walk into them. LOL

+ it's easier to read the Bassani name

lightning_2001

Established Member
i like them sticking out.
hey svtrelampago it looks like your tips are to far back.is that a bassani catback?mine did that till i went back to the muffler shop and had the guy use a bar and push them a little foward.it takes like 5 seconds to do and the tips wont be to close to your side skirt.theyll be right in the middle and still stick out a bit.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I feel, if your that close to my truck. Looking at it,and you are touching my ride and you get cut by the SS tips. You deserve it... I have had several people put there Damn bodies and hands on my ride over the years. Now they take a look at the shin CUTTERS and stay away. For example old guys who just love to put there Damn hands the side of me truck bed to look into the bed to see my Nitrous bottle.. Now I have to put signs on it at show that say. IF YOUR NOT NAKED, YOU CAN'T TOUCH MY RIDE.........
Just another way to say Hands off People. Plus I like all that SS hanging out for everone to look at......:coolman:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Tazman1 said:
IF YOUR NOT NAKED, YOU CAN'T TOUCH MY RIDE.........

Finger prints piss me off...................but nipple prints are okay. FEMALE nipple prints that is.

Just enough SS showing to show who made it is good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread