Opinions/Instructions for using Clearkote...

LeddZepp8687

Yes, It's slow.
Established Member
I ordered the Clearkote "Killer combo" I think its called from SMP last monday and I already got all the stuff.....It comes with 3 wax applicators and 3 microfibers, Vannila moose wax and Carnuba moose wax.

My question is, What is the proper order of application?? How long should I let each one sit on the paint, Ect??

When I usually detail my car, I wash, then claybar (if needed) then I usually apply one coat of mothers pure carnuba wax, rub that out with microfibers, and re-apply another coat of the mothers but let it sit for a while...An hour or more usually.

This produces an excellent shine, and the paint feels very smooth for how old it is. And my paint is in pretty good shape anyhow, so there is minimal swirling.

I am looking for an awesome look with this Clearkote wax...But are there any other things I should do at the same time that would enhance the shine??

I cant wait until I buy a PC and some poorboys, but for now by hand will have to do...

TIA!

Todd03Blown

Established Member
1. wash
2. claybar
3. wash again; up to your or you can just use quik detailer to wipe the car down
4. vanilla moose hand glaze next - I work one panel at a time then remove; I also use a PC and not by hand.
5. Apply clearkote carnuba moose - I apply mine by hand. Let it sit over night then use a good quik detailer then apply a second coat and let it sit for another 24hrs.

My .02

Users who are viewing this thread