opinions for first mods on my 2012...taking advantage of lethal 10% off

hissingcobra

Established Member
All I have right now is a flowmaster outlaw axle back which sounds good but I was thinking of going with an off road H pipe, recommendations? Id like one that fits to stock cat back. Also Don't want it to sound raspy. Will an off road H pipe and outlaw axle back be too much noise and not an actual deep throaty note?

Wanted to do an intake and a tune as well. What are the differences between a jlt 123mm and a C&L intake? One better than the other? Lastly VMP or John Lund tune?

I have a mod itch and this 10% sale is just the cure!

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
With an O/R H pipe it will get louder and maybe a tiny bit more rasp. As for the intake either is a good choice. The JLT may be the better choice if you plan more upgrades later. When it comes to tuner again both are well known. Ive used both, VMP is probably the better choice for support and they are based in Florida so thats a plus for you.

YELL03

Established Member
I only have a Roush Axleback and my car is almost too loud with the stock mid-pipe. If I went o/r midpipe I'd probably go back to the stock axleback.

If you do the o/r midpipe you might want to go back to the stock axleback if it is too loud, my bet is the Outlaws will be too loud without cats.

As for the CAI, I'd go JLT over C&L.

As for tune, I have a Lund tune and I am very happy, but VMP was also another consideration, can't go wrong with either. The price for the Tuner and Lund tune from Revan racing was a good bit less for my TVS swap than VMP so I went that route.

I hate to say it, you might want to rethink your purchase of midpipe, cai, and tune....

I bought a 13 TVS take-off for $1800, lots of used ones for sale, it is a simple 2 hour swap including new plugs, leave your stock tb and intake, then the Tune and Tuner was another $460 shipped. Plugs were $35 for Motorcraft 12s.

For under $2300 your car will make right around 600rwhp SAE and make you smile every time you drive it.

JMHO

YELL03

Established Member
True that, go straight for the tvs, you wont be disappointed. You can always upgrade supporting mods later

That is what I did, just a TVS swap with no supporting mods...

It dyno'd 590rwhp SAE on a 70 degree day, that same day on that same dyno a 13/14 GT500 dyno'd 568rwhp SAE.

Runs like a beast.

In warm weather 2nd gear rolls you can go all out and it will hold, in cooler weather like yesterday in the 50s, it will spin 2nd from a roll.

Users who are viewing this thread