OPINIONS...Brake Calipers...

SamuelMach1

Established Member

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I don't mind the look of painted calipers on other guys cars but I don't really want them on mine. I know it's popular now to have them, but to me it takes your eye away from the wheel's look & the whole car. I guess most would disagree, but the brake caliper, for me anyway, just isn't a part of the car I want to stand out.
Don't flame me guys, that's just my opinion.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I'm not a fan of the covers, my buddy had some on his 08 GT. We convinced him to paint his calipers instead and it looks way better.

B1GP1MP1N

Established Member
Just my 2 cents.

These are a good product. I had them on my 07 GT. I have heard people say the are poser or wannabe brembos. I don't agree with that at all. As long as you don't buy the eBay ones that say brembo on them I don't see how it's wannabe. I will say that install can be tricky because there is no room for mistakes or they squeak really bad. And if you use your car for anything other than daily driving i.e. racing or slalom I wouldn't recommend because they do hold in heat and could cause you problems with brake overheating.

starnsey

Established Member
If I were you I would just take the time and paint the calipers. On my mach, I painted them off the car since I was removing all the calipers anyway. But with a brush-on caliper paint, you can paint them without having to remove the brake lines - I did this on my 1999 GT, really not hard. I think the caliper covers are really tacky looking.

4v_mach1

Established Member
Not a big fan of the caliper covers because it makes your car seem like it has a big brake kit which it doesn't in reality, but Ill accept painted calipers. Mine are yellow in the front with mach1 decal & the rears are black.

starnsey

Established Member
Not a big fan of the caliper covers because it makes your car seem like it has a big brake kit which it doesn't in reality, but Ill accept painted calipers. Mine are yellow in the front with mach1 decal & the rears are black.

Similarly, just as an example, these are my calipers - caliper painted red, mounting bracket painted black, and added a running pony high temp decal that I got off ebay:

br1KhbQ.jpg

4v_mach1

Established Member
Similarly, just as an example, these are my calipers - caliper painted red, mounting bracket painted black, and added a running pony high temp decal that I got off ebay:

br1KhbQ.jpg

Looks good. I painted the mounting bracket black as well you can't leave that thing looking rusty. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread