Opinions and thoughts from past/current C63 AMG owners?

jf4boogie

Established Member
Just curious if any of you have any first hand experience with the w204 series of the C63 AMG.

pros/cons? issues?

:beer:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
they are seriously underrated. never owned one but a buddy has one and its a hoot. ridiculously fast and so very comfortable. he has 60k on his now with no major issues or problems. has been very reliable.

only gripe he has is the brake pedal effort was odd. it took a little foot to start then it would just grab really hard. i dont know if it was just his car or all of them do it.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
No personal experience but I've seen a few at the PBIR (moroso) road course and they run hard! Great sounding cars, especially with full exhaust and there is definitely something to be said about Mercedes interior and ride quality, especially on a trim level car like that.

AMG = top notch quality

jf4boogie

Established Member
Yea that's kind of what I'm thinking... not the fastest thing on the street, but can hold its own, and also very comfortable and decently high quality interior.

HIonPSI

Established Member
My cousin had one back in 09, car was an absolute animal. He had a few gremlins with his but nothing major and I'll say it again - that Merc hauled ass. Just be aware of the ownership expenses that come with the c63 (rear tires every 5k, MB service, brakes depending whether you get P30 or not etc.). Also be aware of the headbolt issue.

I'd love to get my hands on one before the 6L Merc's are like unicorns.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
As a owner I love mine...IMO here are the pros and coins

Pros- extremely comfortable and smooth
Great power for any range and pulls hard to the 7200 redline
Exhaust note, hard to beat an AMG exhaust....they must sound amazing in stock form
Very few mods= huge gains , simple headers and tune will net you 121-124traps..no need for heads and can swap

Cons- price of mods, its a Benz so with that come big money for simple mods. Headers and tune can set you back 5k
Weight- its a big girl, yes I track mine but it is no where near comparible to a M3 or boss 302. Its heavy and handles like a brick..its fun but not a weapon. Like a sludge hammer vs a surgical knife
Maintenance- I argue this because I don't feel its expensive but yes it is more than a civic or mustang for basic stuff like oil ,brake jobs etc etc...I don't see it as outrageous but so do so I will list it in the coins. You do go through tires very quickly so that I can admit gets expensive

Kinda tired so my brain isn't thinking of everything but if I think of anything else I will post it.I know I tested 7-8 other 4dr sports sedans in both city and canyon style driving and non gave the best of all worlds as much as this car did. No to say its the best but for my needs it fit the bill better than the others.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
NB4KA....... damnit he already came in :nonono: :rolling:

I love these damn cars but like kaz said price of mods is just a no no. I'm not that ballin to even try to own this car.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one, but after doing more research it seems that the head bolt issue is very real and can be catastrophic.
Now I'm hesitant to move forward...

The car is an 08' with 36k miles btw

Users who are viewing this thread