Opinions? 93 Reef Blue Notch Roller Show paint

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I am looking for opinions from the Notch guys.

What do you think a freshly painted Show quality 93 Notch Roller would fetch dollar wise?

I am talking about a completely restored shell, completely painted except under the carpet. Interior intact.

Straight as an arrow, Reef Blue or Calypso Green, new base coat/clear coat.

Hood, deck lid, quarter glass, doors, fenders, brake lines, fuel lines, fuel tank, suspension, wiring, etc, all removed for paint. New door hinge pins installed. OEM color sprayed inside engine compartment, inside trunk compartment, underside floor pan etc.

Color sanded with 600, 1000, 2000 grit wet, and polished. OEM suspension, fuel lines, brake lines, fuel tank, wiring, etc, all reinstalled so it can be "rolled away."

Basically ready to go, build it your way vehicle.

Thoughts on value?

Demand?

Last edited:

Ford1288

Established Member
What color interior? Personally I'd pay up to 5k for a clean stock roller if it was exactly what I wanted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jbrown1238

Established Member
What color interior? Personally I'd pay up to 5k for a clean stock roller if it was exactly what I wanted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pretty much whatever the interior is at the time of purchase. I am just trying to see if there would be enough interest in a show quality roller for me to take on a "small" project. I finished my frame off V8 Ranger 18 months ago and want something to keep me busy for a bit. I am not really ready to do that complete Notch build for myself but at the same time would really like to get my feet wet with a Reef Blue or Calypso Green roller.

I would be starting with a 100% intact running vehicle. When I say Show quality I am referring to a completely disassembled body (except the interior) with everything painted except the interior passenger compartment. Deck lid, doors, hood, front and rear fascias all perfectly aligned and painted off the body. Then everything but the drive line reinstalled so everything is there for the perspective buyer. They can use or disguard whatever they don't need.

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I was referring to when you painted the car .
I gathered you were not going g to remove interior for paint .

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
My question to you is, what would you charge someone that wanted to bring you a car and have you do all that you are talking about? My guess is that you would want more money to do the work than someone is willing to spend on the car?

jbrown1238

Established Member
My question to you is, what would you charge someone that wanted to bring you a car and have you do all that you are talking about? My guess is that you would want more money to do the work than someone is willing to spend on the car?

It would depend on the vehicle and condition. I really am not prepared to take a vehicle I don't own just because these types of projects can take a long time when working a "normal" job and pushing forward at your own pace.

I am always surprised what some people are willing to spend for paint work.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
People will pay allot for a good paint job if it is on the right car. The problem is how much will they pay for a good paint job on a fox body mustang.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I feel like if you were going to go as far as to put that much work and effort into the car and make it really nice, you should continue on and make it a runner/driver and that would give you the best returns on your efforts. Someone could buy it, drive it away, enjoy it and build it up slowly or be doing an Engine build on the side, I think you would open yourself up to more potential buyers.

Fwiw I actually just did this on an sn95 car. It was a shit ton of work, but I sold it for a decent amount and it was an easy sell as a runner/driver.

IMG_3100.JPG
IMG_3099.JPG
IMG_5125.JPG

jbrown1238

Established Member
I agree and may consider that down the road a bit. I am thinking about getting into a "small" project but not really a complete build. The last one took five years and I am still trying to recover from that. Oh, and yes I agree with that as well, it is a shi* ton of work. This one now has 108,000 miles on it.

DSC04095_zpsd4d5520c.jpg

DSC04092_zps065c9c0b.jpg

StrayBullitt

Established Member
OH wow you went all out.

With regard to the thread topic, I could see myself spending 5 grand for a sweet Calypso roller notch or even a Cobra clone. I really love that color.

jbrown1238

Established Member
OH wow you went all out.

With regard to the thread topic, I could see myself spending 5 grand for a sweet Calypso roller notch or even a Cobra clone. I really love that color.

Yea, frame off, color change, V8 conversion, etc.

$5000.00 seems to be the general rule of thumb. That is what I am seeing out in the market place on a average as well. I am thinking maybe another $1000.00 if you want to sit on it for six months for the right buyer to come along.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread