Opinion on 2J fan A2W system

MineralCobra

Established Member
Hey guys,

Wanted some input or personal experience on the turbo lid that 2J Fabrication sells. Seems a cool idea keeping stock intercooler/ heat exchanger making it a A2W system.

Im going twin turbo and A2W is a nice setup, in addition I currently have a killer chiller which theoretically I can use to even further cool down the A2W temps..

Any feedback opinions lets hear it.

Here is a link to product
03/04 Cobra A2W Turbo lid | J2 Fabrication

01yellercobra

Established Member
JMO, but unless your main goal is to hit the quarter mile I'd switch to air to air. Either get a 99/01 intake or swap to a Sullivan and call it a day.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother did this with a ‘Procharger hat’ on a stock Terminator engine and made 8s power on a 75mm turbo. Definitely easier than swapping all the parts for an intake swap and A/A cooler.
-J

01yellercobra

Established Member
there are some conversations about their customer service, or lack thereof, lately
That too.
My brother did this with a ‘Procharger hat’ on a stock Terminator engine and made 8s power on a 75mm turbo. Definitely easier than swapping all the parts for an intake swap and A/A cooler.
-J
IIRC the Procharger set up kept the throttlebody in the stock location. The J2Fab moves it to the front. So either way pipes will need to move.

And really running pipes for an air to air set up isn't that hard. I think my record was 20 minutes from turning the first bolt holding the intercooler to tightening the last clamp. Granted the car was already in the air so that helped.

MineralCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys, I already have a 01 cobra manifold upper lower etc

I was looking at different setups and came across the 2J A2W was curious if anyone used it..

Air to Air for sure is easier to work with and a lot cleaner look

MineralCobra

Established Member
A/W makes better power and the engine is already set up for it. I’d keep it.
Again, if we’re talking performance, then stay A/W
-J

Performance is my main goal, I don't do 1/4 mile, I do a lot of roll racing top end runs.. 60- 160+mph. So little curious how heat soak will be in upper speeds

Blackedout

Established Member
Just got mine back together after the PC intake popped..

DF913004-D02B-4097-9184-0F5572A83A46.jpeg
8E63936B-0C89-400B-9559-B7D4C3C698DD.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet setup.
My brothers did the same. But 20psi + over many years seemed reasonable. Unfortunately his blew on the way to what would’ve been his first 8sec pass :(
-J

01yellercobra

Established Member
A/W makes better power and the engine is already set up for it. I’d keep it.
Again, if we’re talking performance, then stay A/W
-J
But the 03/04 system is compromised at best. Look at all the mods needed to keep IAT's under control when people start making big boost.

Just my opinion, but I prefer air to air. I've heat soaked my air to water plenty of times. Never heat soaked my air to air and that set up was making more power than my current set up.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t fully disagree with you if you’re talking multiple highway pulls and heat soaking. So if it’s a roll race car, then A-A does have advantages.
But if you’re talking basic twin turbo Cobra street car and using a Killer Chiller with A/W, hitting the easy button with a lid just makes sense.
If you want serious 1000+rwhp and push it hard, then yes you’d want to start re-engineering the system.
Again, the stock based A-W may be compromised but it’s still easier to keep for most builds, especially street/strip.
-J

MineralCobra

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies, good point also.

I think A2A will be for now and see how it goes. Im planning to keep all my blower stuff.. incase I dont like the twin turbo route. Wll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread