Opinion of VMP: Products and Service

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Hey guys,

just wanted to do share my experience with VMP and their service.

I own a 2011 GT500 with 17K miles on it and its not a daily.

I called VMP a couple of times and finally got someone on the phone. (Just bad timing the first two times)

Anyway, a guy named BJ picked up the phone. Nice guy and very knowledgeable about our cars. He recommended the best setup for what I was looking for presently. (Just bought the car so I couldn't squeeze the money for a new blower). He recommended a Tuner, Tstat, Pulley, pulley removal tool, Idler, tune, and H/E with the larger tank and maybe an X-Pipe. I had questions about other options, but instead of just shooting them down, he explained why I wouldn't need them right at this moment, but maybe in the future. (Very impressive, A lot companies will try to sell you their entire line of parts even if you don't necessary need them). He also explained that I would be impressed with just what these upgrades would do.

Review on VMP Parts:

The H/E was absolutely top notch and well built, the harness was the same. The instructions were spot on and very informative. Not to mention it looks badass behind the grill. The product was completely plug and play and a complete drop in. Even the larger tank looks factory. When you pop the hood it still looks factory. I love that.

The Pulley, Idler and pulley removal tool. Same as the H/E. Top notch and great quality. The instructions from VMP are really well written. Install went flawlessly.

Now for the tune. Mother of God, the car is a completely different animal. This is how a GT500 should run from the factory. The temps never got above 178 degrees as per the X4, the throttle response is incredible, drivability has improved.

Now for the good stuff, the power increase. The car was fast before IMO. Now its just silly. I need tires, bad. I don't do burn outs or anything like that. If I am on good pavement and roll 2nd gear it still tries to haze a little. 3rd and 4th the car feels like a freight train. VERY noticeable difference!

I couldn't be happier with the results, service and quality from VMP.

Just wanted to share,

sflrainmaker01

Established Member
Nice write up! I, too, just bought a 2011 GT500. I contacted VMP too and BJ was very helpful. I learn more and more about this car everytime I drive it, which hasn't been a lot because of the torrential rains we've had here in SW Florida over the last several days. I'm just trying to see if there are any other mods I haven't found already (like a pully swap) before I order the package from them.How hard was the pully removal and installation? Does the blower power come on earlier now?

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Nice write up! I, too, just bought a 2011 GT500. I contacted VMP too and BJ was very helpful. I learn more and more about this car everytime I drive it, which hasn't been a lot because of the torrential rains we've had here in SW Florida over the last several days. I'm just trying to see if there are any other mods I haven't found already (like a pully swap) before I order the package from them.How hard was the pully removal and installation? Does the blower power come on earlier now?

The pulley removal and install was a breeze with their tool. The blower comes on earlier I think because of the tune, but yes it is much better.

Unrealford

Established Member
Now that you got the bug, and did the H.E Next year you'll be ready for the blower, injectors :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kenneth

Established Member
Awesome experience.

All my go fast parts come from VMP.
Have to add, shipping is quick also.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I had a few issues with a local tuner in the past. Called BJ and he hooked me up with an email tune. Then I drove to Shelbyfest and got a dyno tune from them. I have been lucky enough to meet BJ on about three different a occasions in person even though he's over 1000 miles away from me. Great guy to deal with.

Congrats on the new found power!

Joewee500

Established Member
BJ helped me back when I was swapping from the Kenny bell 2.8. He advised on the pulley combo for the setup and I'm so glad he did. The car is night and day different for the better. Props to VMP!!!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I agree with the statement that the car should have come from the factory this way (2.6 pulley). What a difference from stock. The reviewers back then, where raving about the 540hp, but I would have liked to have seen a review of a 610hp version. I feel that the reason it didn't come this way from the factory, is they had to account for people putting in 87 octane, then beating on it.

00Whitey

Established Member
I've had very positive experiences with VMP as well, and customer service is excellent. When I did my blower swap BJ worked with me the whole weekend into Sunday. They know these cars from the inside out, VMP for the win !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread