Opinion of McKee’s 37 Products

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I’ve been seeing advertisements for their products during My Classic Car and it’s got me wanting to try out some of their stuff. Thinking about picking up their Fast Compound and Polish, Ceramic Paint Coating, and Tire Coating. Has anyone had any experience with any of these?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I use at least one or two of their products on every detail I do. Check out my detail threads!

I have used every one of the one's you have listed. All VERY good. Their fast compound/polish are excellent! Low dust, long work time. Very good.

Coating is great for someone who is new to ceramic coatings. Easy to use, durable, looks good.

Tire coating: Make sure the tires are clean, and I mean clean prior to application and you will have no issues.

Keep us posted!

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I use at least one or two of their products on every detail I do. Check out my detail threads!

I have used every one of the one's you have listed. All VERY good. Their fast compound/polish are excellent! Low dust, long work time. Very good.

Coating is great for someone who is new to ceramic coatings. Easy to use, durable, looks good.

Tire coating: Make sure the tires are clean, and I mean clean prior to application and you will have no issues.

Keep us posted!

Thanks for the info. I’ve never used a ceramic coating before.

I see they recommend a Coating Prep Polish before applying the coating. Is this necessary or can I apply the coating directly over their compound and polish?

top_notch

Established Member
I actually won a 'giveaway' of McKee's products and I chose mostly stuff to help maintain the finish on my car as it's pretty clean already. Although they stated they would only send me about $100 worth of stuff at retail, they sent everything and then some! I've been very pleased with their products, and the bucket w/gritguard they 'through in' is awesome. I still owe a review to the forum I won this stuff from, maybe this summer.

Attachments

• 20170526_144703.jpg
    20170526_144703.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 138

stangfreak

Established Member
There products are really good. I have all there interior cleaning products and some other stuff. Personally, I think there performance works well.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Their products are great for price. I’ve applied the paint, glass, wheel and tire coating many times. Prep is key.

All coatings except for the tire coating are still holding up after nearly 1.5 years of being applied. This is through Chicago winters and only 1-2 washes in between having salt on the car for months at a time.

Make sure to prep extremely well for the best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I’ve never used a ceramic coating before.

I see they recommend a Coating Prep Polish before applying the coating. Is this necessary or can I apply the coating directly over their compound and polish?

Yes. You need to 'prep' the surface prior to application. That can be either with their coating prep or an IPA/Erarser/etc wipedown.

To keep it simple and get the best results with their product, stick with their system.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I’m going to buy everything I have listed above plus the prep polish. I’ll probably go over my wife’s Explorer or my ST first before the Cobra. I’ll let you know how well I like it.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I used their products for the first time this past summer. First time using a ceramic coat. It says up to 2 years with washes and their quick wax detail product for touch ups. I got ceramic glass, paint and wheel coating

The thing I was most amazed by was the tire coating. I had Griots garage rubber cleaner already (great product). This prep is a must. I scrubbed tires with this, then put the tire coating on, it is amazing. It last months through rain etc and goes not fling. I even took a white paper towel right after applying and wiped the tire and no black or product came off.

sdoo500

Established Member
I used their paint coating this past fall on my girlfriend's Audi A4. It's only been roughly 6 months but is still holding up fantastic, especially being that it hasn't been washed more than a handful of times since then.

I did use their coating prep polish after already correcting the entire vehicle. I just picked up some of their fast metal polish as well from autogeek last week during their sale.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
I ordered everything plus the glass coating yesterday. Got a free detailers bag cause the order was over $150. Also was able to use a 10% off code. Hopefully I’ll get it by the weekend. I’m looking forward to trying it all out.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I ordered everything plus the glass coating yesterday. Got a free detailers bag cause the order was over $150. Also was able to use a 10% off code. Hopefully I’ll get it by the weekend. I’m looking forward to trying it all out.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread