opinion about the sale of my CSVT

showtime

RoushRngr said:
year? mods? curiously looking for a daily driver.

I tried to PM you the info but it wouldn't sent to you.

its a 2000, has a lot of mods. clean & interior is Mint.

if your serious send me an email or call.
[email protected]
412-512-3730 (jeremy)

since your local (PA) i could make this deal worth your while...i need to sell ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoushRngr

Established Member
well, in honesty if you were selling it this summer coming up than I would buy it. Problem is Im currently working on my truck and it is a money pit, so...but the price is right, just as everyone else has said, i'll stop by the bank and see what i can work out, not promising anything though. Thanks

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Put it up forsale where you live. I haven't had much luck online but I put mine infront of my house with signs on it and I get about 5 people a day stopping to check it out. No serious offers so I'll go down in price after a while. Atleast there is interest though. There are lots of people online that all say they want it but don't have the money. They need to get off their lazy @sses and get a loan then. Go the the bank and get some money out.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Definitely a buyer's market. A lot of people are turned away by the fact that they take premium fuel, especially with the way gas prices are. Some people aren't looking to finance a car, so going to the bank isn't always an option. Considering the SHO's went for ~$32k new, what would expect out of a CSVT that went for ~$22k new? Not everyone in the world views the CSVT like us enthusiasts. To a lot of people, they are just another car unfortunately.

Mark

TJSwoboda

Established Member
The Taurus SHO went for over thirty grand?! In '89-'95? :O Damn. Couldn't you get a BMW 525 for that kind of buckage then?

And the SVT Contour can take less than 93 octane; the engine computer just dials it down five horsepower.

--T.J.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
the v8s MIGHT have, but they were mid to upper 20s in the time frame IIRC...

Y2KSVT

Established Member
A base model SHO was probably upper $20's, but a fully loaded ATX SHO like the one I had was running $32k. Mine still had the window sticker in the glove box, and I found it on a website also back when I owned it.

TJ - Yes the CSVT will run on less than premium fuel, but you're delusional if you think the computer just dials it down 5hp. :bash:

Mark

KrAzyT

Established Member
Just so you guys know I am planning on buying it in the next few days. Ive been looking to get it for the past month. Looks like its finally going to happen. I am taking a ride down to grove city mall to check her out. :) :pepper: :banana:

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
BLAST...just got to this post. I've had the EXACT same problem as the topic of this post. I've been trying to sell my car for almost 3 months now, and had not one buyer interested. Granted, it's only been on autotrader and to other obscure selling sites but still have not had one bite. I have a 2000 with 80K mi. with several mods. My intitial asking price was 9K negotiable, but now I'm down to what I owe on it which is 7K, or 7500 with two sets of rims. Anyway, just thought I'd vent and I'll start a new topic to post my add for my car. Should have some fresh pics uploaded tommorrow.

Last edited:

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
what really pisses me off is my mom went to trade my car in toward a '04 corrola of all things (which they wanted $15K for which is a rape in the butt) and they only would allow her $5K for my car. That's a damn slap in the face. Needless to say my mom walked out on em.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
That's Because Your Cars Are Not Worth 7500!!! I Highly Doubt I Could Get That For My Turd And It Is More Modified Than Both Of Your Cars. In The Contour World, As I Said Previously, Its A Buyers Market. That Means That The Seller Takes It In The End!!!!!

jsmith6

hey there......I was looking for a used Contour SVT and happened upon an old posting of yours where you offered yours for $2500. Is this a real offer and if so, do you still have the car? I would be willing to look at it seriously assuming that it is in good shape. I currently have a 1978 Mustang II, original in family, restored with 80,000miles and I also have a 1996 Cobra that I tinker on. I am currently in the Army, so I am all over the country but my parents are in Indiana, so it is possible that something could be arranged.
email as follows: [email protected]
phone as follows: 219.309.6478

Thanks in advance for your time,
Lt. Justin M Smith

jsmith6

looking for Contour SVT

hello everyone, looking for fasvtcontour00......I was looking for a used Contour SVT and happened upon an old posting of yours where you offered yours for $2500. Is this a real offer and if so, do you still have the car? I would be willing to look at it seriously assuming that it is in good shape. I currently have a 1978 Mustang II, original in family, restored with 80,000miles and I also have a 1996 Cobra that I tinker on. I am currently in the Army, so I am all over the country but my parents are in Indiana, so it is possible that something could be arranged. If not, anyone on here got a decent used Contour SVT? Need another daily driver to keep the miles off my Cobra.
email as follows: [email protected]
phone as follows: 219.309.6478

Thanks in advance for your time,
Lt. Justin M Smith

Y2KSVT

Established Member
I doubt he's serious at $2500, since he came on crying about needing to sell it for $7500 to pay it off. Sounded like a young kid that ragged the snot out of the car. You should be able to find a better deal, something in the $5000 range with decent mileage and in good shape. You'll pay closer to $7000 for one in great shape and low miles. If you're interested in an SVT Contour, visit www.contour.org and check out the classified section. You should be able to find some nice SVTs for sale in there. Good luck in your search.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread