opinion about the sale of my CSVT

showtime

I've been trying to seriously sell my CSVT for about 6 months now...i did take it off the market for about 2 months in that time waiting for a stalling buyer, but now its first come first serve, & it still isn't getting a lot of looks.

personally i think its a good buy@ my asking price of $7500-$7700.
car is super clean & only needs a new IMRC (current one works, but is tempremental). my CSVT is a 2000 CSVT with 62k miles. (tons of mods & extras)

whats your guys opinions on my sale...anything i should do to try to get rid of this car.
think i should try autotrader?
its been on craigslist, contour.org, svtperformance & a could other auto forums...a lot of good comments that people like it, just no serious buyers.

I need to get rid of it ASAP. New baby, new home & 3 cars....one of them has to go.

check out my add & any feedback you have would be greatly appriciated.
let me know if you think i should make any changes to help me sell it quicker.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176437

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its a buyers market. I don't think the price is a bad price. However, our cars are not highly wanted outside of our small community, and they people that do want them mostly just want them for DD and can find decent ones for 5k so they are going to buy theres.

If I were to sell mine I'd ask for the same amount you are...and I have a few more goodies than yours and I don't think mine would sell that quick.

showtime

RTStabler51 said:
Its a buyers market. I don't think the price is a bad price. However, our cars are not highly wanted outside of our small community,

i hear you...

i think it has a lot to do with laziness....

when buying from a private seller & the car is more then most people have to spend in cash people are too lazy to go get their own loan.

its easier for them to buy it used from a dealer...granted they won't get as good of a price or all the extras, but they take that as a trade off since the dealer will get them financing...thats just my opinion.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Thats an awesome car. I wish I could spend that much on a car but, thats a little high for me. The best you can do is try Ebay.

NicePastry

I paid $9,000 for my 1999 CSVT in April of 05'.. the car had 58k miles on it and no mods, completely stock. You're not overpriced as far as I am concerned and I am sad that I paid this much for mine now.

showtime

NicePastry said:
You're not overpriced as far as I am concerned and I am sad that I paid this much for mine now.

I lowered the price even more...

i'll be on vacation all next week 13-22, so if i don't get any offers i'll be putting it on ebay when i get back.

csvt13

Jack Bauer for *********!
Established Member
Wish you were further south so I could look at it! I don't think you're asking a bad price, but it is a limited market, most people don't know what an svt contour is. My boyfriend paid 12,000 for his 2 years ago (2000 w/ 16k miles)

showtime

csvt13 said:
Wish you were further south so I could look at it! I don't think you're asking a bad price, )

its down to this now:

$7000 for just car
$7150 car + brand new pair of ES100's to replace worn ones on rear
$7500 for car & all the stuff i have....tires, set of stock SVT wheels, stock hood, stock intake, extra set of lugsnuts, bulbs, etc.....

showtime

a lot of people say they want it but the distance is the problem :??:

hopefully someone will want it bad enough to come get it.

options:
drive
ship the car
or get a cheap oneway southwest flight & drive back

Last edited by a moderator:

csvt13

Jack Bauer for *********!
Established Member
My boyfriend's brother goes to school in Pennsylvania, he's about 30 minutes away from you and he said he could look at it for me if that's ok w/ you. PM or email me at [email protected]

Steeltwo

Established Member
jmayhew said:
a lot of people say they want it but the distance is the problem :??:

hopefully someone will want it bad enough to come get it.

options:
drive
ship the car
or get a cheap oneway southwest flight & drive back
here are the issues

option 1 drive
so I drive there, and find out the car is not to my liking. have to drive back.
option 2 ship the car
same thing, pay to ship the car and find out I do not like it. Option are ship it back.
option 3
same as 1 except you have to fly back.

i'll be honest, if I knew somewhere out there i'd do what the csvt13 is going to do. Your car is worth every penny of that asking price.

showtime

now im seriously getting very frustrated.

i dropped the price to $6200 whish is a steal.
I bet people are selling regular contours for that price.

& still no serious buyers.

i don't get it....dealers are selling bone stock 98-99 CSVT with more miles for 8-9K & i can't get a buyer for this..its blowing my mind.

i did ebay twice & the bids never got over $4500

i'm considering autotrader now but thats just another $40 down the drain like ebay if nobody bites.

i've been doing craigslist & a ton of fourm sites (contour, focus, tuner, etc...)
just a bunch of compliments or people who would like to buy but don't have the money

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You could buy a modded 3L Contour SVT for that much...

Ford + Contour + 5spd = no one wants'em. In the CSVT world its a buyer's market.

Users who are viewing this thread