Opening Day @ RT 66...Representing!!!!

Since 1964

Established Member
I was, Paul was, and Cobra Dude was there too....and where were all of you other Drag racers???? HHHMMMM???

We were there at 6:40am for an opening gate of 8am after a rip roaring ride the whole way with Pauls friend who has a 2000 SLP Camaro. I never got to the track so fast in the last three years let me tell ya.

We were there next to a camper with a car in a trailer. Didn't meet them, but they had friends that showed up later. When the gate opend we couldn't help but beat the camper to be the first two to check in....he complained...it didn't do him any good.

First in tech...I had a new guy...blew right through with approval for 11.49...Boo Yaaa.....

Then around to the lanes to wait with perfectly cool engines, cool air, sunny day never made it past 74.

My first try & I ran an 11.95 @ 117 (Thanks to Jerry & crew @ Sutton Ford) then I did 2 more @ 12.2, Paul ran a 12.3 twice and then a 12.2, his mods are much different...like a stock pulley....NO SHIT....But I didn't launch worth a shit so what can I say.

Cobra Dude RULES...he cleaned our clocks with an 11.56 or so....He leaves at 1000....Paul tries it and does sssoooo well...and me I'm thinking 5000 with my new level 2's and wind up getting nervous all three times...hence only 1 in the 11's.

I can't wait till the next time...my anxiety will be gone and I can see just how to get this Bitch down the track (1000 or 3500 or 5000). My car felt very powerfull, Paul was shocked, he was only hoping for a 12.6...and the Dude...well what can we say.....he's so smooth, the man drives his car.

Then of course we got to see Sutton's team run the 05....what a blast, they were sssooo anxious, not knowing what to think, and so happy when it ran a 10.771 @ 127...yeah no shit then the same driver went out and cracked off a 10.556 @ 128. The car was cool looking too, all black and Healthy looking, big fat meats in back, it's awesome, no shit.

So yeah, we were representing dudes for Ford on openning day at RT 66 and we got lucky, the weather was perfect, and it didn't pack up like last year.

Ya got to love these Cobra's for the fact that of all the others, and there were plenty, we kicked ass, I mean WE ARE the ones to watch out for, cause you just never know who's modified, much less just how much.

I am very thankful that I took the time to read what fellow owners have done to their cars and applied most of the right things so far, as well as been patient in learning how to drive this car, and I have to say, that my new MGW shifter is SSSSOOOO FINE....GET ONE...NOW. My car is as tough as nails, drives like a freek'n rocket, and you would NEVER know it's got 80 passes on it, NEVER.

Try that with an EVO, or a B ring M echanics W ith you....HA!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I was committed to going to the SVTOA meeting at Packey Webb. I had to drop off a cooling mod and a clutch kit to Jym Bartuch. I would have liked to see the Sutton car run. At least I will get to see it in a couple weeks in Martin Michigan at the NMRAs. Dana, Lyle, and I will be up there for the weekend. What are Paul's mods? Congrats on your 11!

MystiChrome04

Established Member
I really like route 66 but they are just so anal in tech!! If everything is not perfect they won't let you run. But there track prep is always awesome!! I see you are another fellow Sutton backer. I had them tune my last car (89LX with 331 stroker and spray) and they did an awesome job!! Doug is my guy to go to though everyone there does great work!! :rockon:

Since 1964

Established Member
Paul's mods....I think he got the following, I'm not sure, but a throttle body, plenum, Steeda CAI, Bassani mid pipe & loudmouth cat back....and it is loud...like a freek'n Harley, Nitto DR's, stock pulley....I'm not sure what he's done with a Predator, but he doesn't have a pro tune yet.

He out drove me Saturday, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread