open to advise

mustangvick

Im the new king of cleve.
Established Member
I BOUGHT A COMPLETE DRIVE TRAIN, THE SWAP IS COMPLETED!!!!!
THE WHOLE SWAP DONE BY MYSELF IN MY 1 CAR GARAGE, CAR IS RUNNING NO MORE FRUSTRATIONS.
I have a question about power to fuel pump wiring harness, does it run under arm rest? i have a large plug that is not connected,since i have no power reaching rear. im still using gt body harness, since my radio is the single disc set up my bezel with traction control,lighter,fog lights are not in correct location as well as connectors are different,
are the cobra and 01 and up gt connectors the same in the bezel?
i do have cobra body harness.
I still have all the parts from gt drive train for sale,as well as 03 shortblock and parts:
shortblock with pistons and crank.
complete heads
stock throttlebody,plenum
pullie bridge
oil cooler
navi valve covers
lower intake
cop's
cop harness
all egr equipment.
LET THE MODDING BEGIN.

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Let me rephrase this for you, then I think people will find it easier to understand. I had a hard time reading this without grammar. Not trying to be a pain, but it's just hard to help when it's hard to understand.

"I'm new to the site, but I'm not new to Mustangs. I'll only buy Fords because my stepdad worked for Ford and I'm partial to giving them my business because I'll never forget how they gave my family food, clothes, and shelter. I need some advice on stuff I'll need to finish my build, which is a 2000 GT.

So far I have an assembled short block and complete heads. I've purchased a few parts separately, but I need to complete the list:

Engine Harness, EGR Assembly, Pulley Bridge, Timing Cover, Intercooler, Lower Manifld, Supercharger, Throttlebody, Elbow/Plenuum, Intercooler Adapters, COPs, All 4 sensors for top, Speedo Gauge, Crank Balancer, Oil Pan, Fuel Pumps with hat, Fuel Rails, 2.76 s/c Pulley, COP Covers (Not Correct), Oil Cooler, Cross Over Tube, Overflow, Oil Adapter for Oil Cooler

I still need to purchase these parts:

60lb Injectors, Waterpump, Oil Pump, Pickup Tube, Accessory Belt for S/C, 3 idlers, Cooper EGR Tube, Tubes in Lower Manifold, Basically all hoses, tubes, gaskets, and bolts.

What do I need for wire harness for dash, transmission parts wires, drive shaft, radiator.

I don't understand a lot of what is being sold that I would need. I need a picture of a complete motor outta the car to see what I am missing by location. I also want to clone the car, so I need a hood, trunk, and rear bumper. I have a front fascia already. I'm looking at white to be the final color. I'm looking to sell the entire drivetrain from a 90k Mustang GT motor with U/D pullies,Ttrickflow plenum, BBK throttle and CAI, King Cobra clutch, BBK Off road XPipe, FRPP Shorty Headers for $1000, which is pretty cheap.

Any Information would be helpful, especially with pictures and information I could grasp quickly. See above post for contact information (I don't want to post that, incase you ever feel like getting rid of it). I have money for parts."

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Okay, so with that done, we now need to take a step back. Before anyone can help, we'll need information. What type of car are you working with? I assumed it was a 2000 GT, but I wasn't sure if we have a donor car as well. The other thing we need to know is, what engine and transmission are you planning to use. If you're trying to do a clone, rather than a fake, you'll want to use as many possible parts (including engine, tranny) that were used in the original. A clone is an exact copy, a fake is more of a look alike.

The second thing is, you need to break your build down into steps. You either need to devote your time and resources to finishing the engine first or the body. Then you need to break that down into steps. As far as body is concerned, get things organized by interior and exterior. Same with engine and tranny, get a full engine finished before worrying about what transmission is going to mount to it, then worry about getting the fuel system and other supplement parts after that.

With your list now, everything is bundled together and is difficult to comprehend and hard to recommend a direction to go with. It's going to be difficult to find online pictures and schematics I think of a particular engine that has everything labeled. The closest you'll come to that is a Chilton Manual which are roughly $25 at the local parts store.

But first thing first, get everything organized. Get a plan together of what you want done first, get that finished and devote time and money to finishing it. In this way, you won't have a cluttered mess of parts, waste money on stuff well before you need it, and above all have a sense of accomplishment as you'll see the build come together much faster. Plus, you'll have a better understanding of what is going to fit and what is going to be necessary to wire/plumb, and hookup with your completed assembly.

I don't know if I'll be able to give you any help with specifics, but building a car is a lot like any other project... I like to consider my small 1/16th scale models no different, and there's a reason that you work by finishing each assembly at a time, rather than working a little here and little there, and you definately don't pull all the pieces off until you get to where you need them.

mustangvick

Established Member
advice

ok i get your point! you have a stock dissassembled terminator drivetrain, on a 5k budget how would you build this engine?

mustangvick

Established Member
advice

since my post for advice in march 2010 i got 3 replies and 84 people viewed the thread! is this what's expected from svt performance? I came on here thinking these are the sweetest cars ever built i know someone could help me with my build, i should have thought Would i get any help! so no one takes it wrong my gt now has a 2003 cobra complete drivetrain minus dash harness and driveshaft, on top of the 90% finished drivetrain i was assembling (12k ) for both + gt price is more than enough to purchase a cobra:fm:! I seen most of you(northeast) at shows and we talked i was incouraged to attend other shows i was proud to be a mustang owner what ever my model was,instead it didn't translate on here with open arms or could it be it's not user and area friendly in ohio!

Users who are viewing this thread