• Not sure (Im really on the fence)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedwagon

Established Member
Poll for those of you who live in Florida in relationship to open carry CCW.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I said not sure

1) i havent read any of the details of the bill

2) while I can see the upsides to it the downside is morons that wanna walk around with an AR15 over their shoulder so they can cause a scene and stir up controversy

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm so sorry to hear you guys are about to get open carry. Ever since we signed it into law it's been nothing but total chaos. Blood flowing down the streets, people waving their guns everywhere, old ladies shoving glocks in your face at the grocery store. It's been terrible.

All to do about nothing. Ask yourself what you think of it a year later what's changed and the answer will be nothing....not a damn thing. Chances are you'll have forgotten you even have open carry.

Speedwagon

Established Member
I said not sure

1) i havent read any of the details of the bill

2) while I can see the upsides to it the downside is morons that wanna walk around with an AR15 over their shoulder so they can cause a scene and stir up controversy

Couldnt agree with you more.. My wife and I and my 2 sons are moving to Florida in the mext 4-5 months and I was following the new on CC. Thats why I put up the poll.

Last edited:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm so sorry to hear you guys are about to get open carry. Ever since we signed it into law it's been nothing but total chaos. Blood flowing down the streets, people waving their guns everywhere, old ladies shoving glocks in your face at the grocery store. It's been terrible.

All to do about nothing. Ask yourself what you think of it a year later what's changed and the answer will be nothing....not a damn thing. Chances are you'll have forgotten you even have open carry.

Same story here in Texas. It's like the wild west all over again.

Speedwagon

Established Member

Tru dat.. In the lovely state of PA were its permissible to open carry but I choose to conceal to give that ultimate surprise effect.

tangermean

Established Member
Hell I have yet to even see anyone open carry here in Houston. I am sure people are though.

The only affect it has had that I can see is more stores are willing to put up 30.06 signs and 30.07 signs now that didn't bother before thus limiting where I can conceal carry.

MFE

Established Member
I'm all for the legal ability, not in favor of practicing it personally most of the time. I have absolutely zero problem when I see others doing it, which is fairly common here in AZ. The exception is I have no patience for the jackass shit-disturbers who think they're doing the 2A a favor by carrying AR15's in Starbucks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hell I have yet to even see anyone open carry here in Houston. I am sure people are though.

The only affect it has had that I can see is more stores are willing to put up 30.06 signs and 30.07 signs now that didn't bother before thus limiting where I can conceal carry.

thats the other concern

nickf2005

Established Member

This would be my only concern as a Concealer in a state where signs hold force of law.

However, here in IN, they do not. I am able to legally carry in places that post "Gun-free zone" signs all over the place, as long as they are not federally off-limits (Post office, court house, daycare, etc). Now, if somebody that is representing a business asks me to leave because they happen to see that I'm carrying, I must comply or they could have me arrested for trespassing.

As far as Open carry in general... WHO CARES? I prefer not too, but if somebody does, I'm not too worried about it. They're legal and, hopefully, as responsible gun owner.

From what I understand of the law, carrying an AR down the street on your back is legal without a permit or license to carry a handgun.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's been 4 weeks since our open carry law went into effect. After all the hoopla and everyone going crazy about it, it's a complete non-story. I haven't open carried yet, and I have yet to see a single person open carry either.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you're carrying concealed they shouldn't know you're carrying anyway so there is no issue. I pay no attention to those signs. At least that's the case here.

Permitless open carry has been legal here for a long time. I've never seen anyone do it.

Last edited:

Speedwagon

Established Member
The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you're carrying concealed they shouldn't know you're carrying anyway so there is no issue. I pay no attention to those signs. At least that's the case here.

Permitless open carry has been legal here for a long time. I've never seen anyone do it.

Same.. I dont care what the sign says.. Its my life and the people who are with me that I am concerned with. If they dont see it then they know you dont have it. Outta sight outta mind.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

The only "controversy" is from those ignorant of the law who think carrying a firearm is cause for alarm.

Blown 89

Established Member
It's been 4 weeks since our open carry law went into effect. After all the hoopla and everyone going crazy about it, it's a complete non-story. I haven't open carried yet, and I have yet to see a single person open carry either.
I'm sure businesses aren't slapping up signs left and right either.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Open or conceal carry is legal here in MN, your choice. Here it's called a 'Permit to Carry'.

But I would never consider carrying open as no one needs to know I have a weapon on me. The signs here also are meaningless. I could simply be asked to leave and if I choose not to, I could be charged with a misdemeanor trespass and fined $25.

Users who are viewing this thread