Opal Leather

St8-E

Established Member
I am sure this question has been visited MANY times, my driver seat doesn't have any tears, rips, etc. But it is DEF. showing some age...and the foam has had it. There is a noticable difference from sitting in the mint passenger seat, compared to the driver seat as far as comfort. I went to Mustangupholstery.com and they don't offer 93 opal leather, but they do offer, pretty much, everything else.

Is there a company out there that offers replacement foam and leather for the driver's seats in 93 opal that matches?

WillyB93

Established Member
If that serious about it I would find some local seat trim shops and see what they can do for the problem and see if they can get some leather the same if not close!!

buddha93

Established Member
It'll probably be expensive since it's a one-year-only color.

And even more expensive since it does't exist.:poke:

I spent around $750 to do the fronts and back on my car in real leather. It's much better then the OEM. I can't remember the exact color, but it's very close to the Opal. Most folks won't notice.

ttadriver

Established Member
When you order new leather skins for your seats, they send color samples to choose from prior to your official order. You would just have to find someone with a near original interior, and choose the "grey" that matches the most

St8-E

Established Member
And even more expensive since it does't exist.:poke:

I spent around $750 to do the fronts and back on my car in real leather. It's much better then the OEM. I can't remember the exact color, but it's very close to the Opal. Most folks won't notice.

Buddha,

Could you PM me a pic of your interior...it would be nice to see what it looks like...I don't think that $750 is too unreasonable to re-do everything to leather...

buddha93

Established Member
Buddha,

Could you PM me a pic of your interior...it would be nice to see what it looks like...I don't think that $750 is too unreasonable to re-do everything to leather...

I think it was $750.....maybe closer to $900. You'll have to give a few days. I keep the car over at a friends house.......he has waaaaaay more garage space than me as I'm full up.

cdh027

Established Member
Guys,

Where is the best place to order the foam for the drivers seat? My interior is mint (2,500 original miles), but the foam is worn out in the drivers seat probably due to alot of people getting in and out of the drivers seat to just check it out over 17 years. It's weird, I guess it's not really worn out, but it's really soft and I sink into it as opposed to the rock solid passanger seat.

buddha93

Established Member
When I did the leather on mine, the foam wasn't available at the time. Check with any of the big distributors. 5.0resto, Texas Mustang, Laurel Muatang......I'm sure they are all getting from the same supplier, much like the seat covers.

buddha93

Established Member
TMI just had a spread in 5.0 a few months ago on their headliners. Supposedly they're in the works to do the correct Logan grain vinyl headliners for the sunroof cars also.

cdh027

Established Member
One more question about replacing the foam. Is this somthing I can attempt or should I pay an auto upolstery shop to do it?

buddha93

Established Member
Do it yourself. It's waaaaaay easy. You'll need the pliers and hog rings to do it, but it's not difficult at all. You can do the fronts and back in a day or less.

Users who are viewing this thread