Oops... Dodge Challenger runs out of gas @ Woodward Dream Cruise

blainestang

Established Member
So, we fly up to the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit this year, and one of our main goals is to see the new Dodge Challenger because my wife is planning to get one, and of course, I'm all for it. So we're driving down the road in our rented Mustang convertible and we see the Challenger concept going the other way. A few minutes later, we see it parked on the side of the road. At first, we think maybe the Ram behind it has rearended it, but fortunately for our pictures (and their jobs), that's not the case. As it turns out, the Challenger Concept doesn't have a gas gauge (the gauges are stickers), so they didn't realize they were running out of gas. Good news for us, though, because we basically get a private showing of the new Dodge Challenger :thumbup:

The whole Album, which is a front page feature @ Motortopia.com... click the thumbnail below... ~360 pics of the Challenger and many other classic/muscle/modern cars, as well as Mustang Alley.

A few of the other nice cars we saw...

blainestang

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
That's pretty cool... Shows you what happens to anything other then a Ford! :rockon:

One of the guys that went with us wanted to meet Jim Wangers, the marketing guy behind the original GTO. Well, we come across the famous "GTO Tiger" parked on the side of Woodward as well @ about 7AM. Turns out it had it's passenger front caliper snap in HALF! Well, guess who was in the car? Jim Wangers!

Anyway, point being... We got to see cars/meet people because a Mopar and a GM ended up out of commission :-D

Now, for the pic:

Our buddy, Jim Wangers, the GTO Tiger, and the broken caliper (just to the left of the tire in the pic)

tboysen00 said:
that aar cuda, and 71 hemi looks nice. but im a little biased

Nice cars for sure. Wouldn't mind having an AAR Cuda myself. Not gonna happen though... too much $$$

blainestang

Established Member
Whistler98 said:
Pretty cool that happened and your main goal was to see that car.

Yeah, pretty crazy. We stood around for about an hour taking pics and talking to the marketing guys that were driving it around.

Then, the GTO thing was pretty cool, also. Probably more unlikely even than the Challenger experience.

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
the chally is nice i am definitely feeling the camaro. the pics above make it look sooo good

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
blainestang said:
tn_full_Woodward_2007_244JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

tn_full_Woodward_2007_277JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

:bowdown: Great pics.

Users who are viewing this thread