onvertible to is inop on my 1992

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Need some help. My Convertible top will not work in either direction when I toggle the switch. There is no action or sound from the motor or any relays if there are relays. My owners manual says there is a circuit breaker at position #12 in the fuse box. I checked that component and it ohmed as closed. I need advise on how to proceed from here. The top was working normally last time I operated it about a month ago.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Sorry, OP, I don't have an answer -- but wanted to give it a bump. I have a 90 'vert.
You can detach it from the motor and raise/lower the top manually until you figure out the issue.

A thread on Stangnet says, "Mine had two hitch pins that connected the rams to the top frame, put the top up (so i can get to the rams) pull the pins and then pull the switch (a couple of times cause it was out of fluid) and the rams went back down and out of the way, manual top in 10 min."

Thread source: http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/converting-power-convertible-top-to-manual.838193/

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Need some help. My Convertible top will not work in either direction when I toggle the switch. There is no action or sound from the motor or any relays if there are relays. My owners manual says there is a circuit breaker at position #12 in the fuse box. I checked that component and it ohmed as closed. I need advise on how to proceed from here. The top was working normally last time I operated it about a month ago.

Have you checked to see if the motor is getting power when you hit the switch? If not, I'd try jumping the switch first to see if it failed, if that doesn't work, you'll have to just trace the circuit back until you find the point of failure.

Users who are viewing this thread