Only a few more days to get on the X-plan

mecca

Established Member
Is there any catch to the X-Plan?

Im 16 and will be going to Ford tommorrow night (WAHOOOOOOOOO!) with my father to maybe purchase myself a nice brand new L. I just told him about this X-Plan, and he doesnt really understand why they would just give out PIN#'s to make vehicle's cheaper. Is there any catch to the X-Plan that I may have not read or something? Or can I just get myself a PIN#, and just go get my L for a lot cheaper?

Thanks a lot!
- Mike

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Re: Is there any catch to the X-Plan?

Originally posted by mecca
Im 16 and will be going to Ford tommorrow night (WAHOOOOOOOOO!) with my father to maybe purchase myself a nice brand new L. I just told him about this X-Plan, and he doesnt really understand why they would just give out PIN#'s to make vehicle's cheaper. Is there any catch to the X-Plan that I may have not read or something? Or can I just get myself a PIN#, and just go get my L for a lot cheaper?

Thanks a lot!
- Mike

Mike, Ford has a few specific plans for reduced pricing on vehicles. Two of the major discounts are A plan and X plan. A plan is reserved for Ford Employees and their immediate family. X plan is 4% higher than A plan and is for "Ford Partners."

Ford Partners are companies that Ford deals with for whatever reason. And to encourage these companies to have their employees buy Ford products, they offer a straight forward discount.

The site that is listed to get an X plan PIN number is ending soon. I am not familiar with that site or its details, but it is a way to obtain an X plan PIN. Very few people know about X plan and A plan, well outside of the car enthusiast community.

It is not a scam and you don't only get cars built on Fridays at 5pm;-) If you can get a PIN number and find a dealer willing to sell you an SVT vehicle on X plan just sit back and enjoy the ride.

mecca

Established Member
Cool. I emailed about 15 dealerships around me to see if they would accept the plan. My dad is faxing the sheet to Ford today, so hopfully I get the PIN# soon.

mecca

Established Member
Thanks a lot TheHylandr. Got my PIN# today, and I faxed the form today aswell. Hopefully I get an L tonight!

-Mike

realshelby

Established Member
X-plan

X-plan is not available on all vehicles. Most but not all. My guess is that the new Cobra will not be available at X-plan at least for a while! If you can find a dealer to sell Lightnings at X-plan he is doing you a real favor. Thank him for it!

mecca

Established Member
Ahhhh! No dealers around me will sell a L on the X-Plan. A dealer about 2 hours north of me said he would give me a good deal close to the X-Plan, but not the X-Plan price itself. He has a nice True Blue L coming in on the 22nd of April. Hopefully this deal goes through.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

TheHylandr

wuzzzzzzzzup?
Established Member
Re: X-plan

Originally posted by realshelby
X-plan is not available on all vehicles.

Not true...it is up to the individual dealer if they are willing to sell on the x-plan or not. They do not have to. There is no restriction on any specific vehicles.

66mnstang

Established Member
xplan

i'm getting my lightning on the x plan and the dealer told me they are honoring the x plan on the new 03 cobra coupes but not converts. there are three dealers here that will honor the x plan with the lightning.

UnStAbLe

Ok i Know it is after the 31st .. but i have a quick question ...So NO one else is available to get the X-plan ... i signed up a membership with the E.A.A. that was mentioned earlier in some threads , about 5 months ago ... and you have to wait 1 year to be able to get your pin #... is this still true or did something else change that i should be aware of ???? THANKS

TheHylandr

wuzzzzzzzzup?
Established Member
The only thing that the 31st applies to was the deadline to have the APPLICATION THAT I PROVIDED submitted to Ford.

All other ways to obtain an x-plan PIN are uneffected and the x-plan has not been cancelled, stopped or anything else.

Again, the 31st was only the deadline to submit the application that I provided.

realshelby

Established Member
It is true that selling on X-plan and the other plans is up to the dealer to honor or not. What I said is that FORD does not have x-plan on all vehicles, whether the dealer wants to sell at that or not. Example-Thunderbird, Neighbor, some heavy duty trucks. I say again that I don't expect the new Cobra will be elligible for X-plan at introduction. I deal with this everyday, I sell new Fords. Fords x-plan is not going away, but certain partner agreements may expire. My experience has been that if you can get your PIN then Ford will honor that for a full year even if you don't work at the place you aquired the number.

Undy

Established Member
Not true on the 03s......3 of my dealer's first 5 allocated 03 coupes are X-Plan purchases. All they've left open are 2nd production Cobra's which they're taking both A & X plans on too..

Nhoj

Head Lackey
Established Member
the company that i work for is a Ford Partner and i got my Lightning last September on the X-Plan. the dealer even asked me if i had the x-plan documents when they saw my place of employment.

and not all For Motor Company vehicles are covered under teh X-plan. the following are not:

Ford Thunderbird
Any Commercial Vehicle
Any Jaguar
Any Aston Martin

when i got my truck they were not offering the X-plan on another car because there were promotional deals on it but i can't remeber which one it was.

the X-plan applies to every other Ford, including SVT vehicles, all Mazda, Volvo, Land Rover, Mercury and Lincoln vehciles too.

if a dealer is unwilling to give an X-plan price then call up Ford Corporate and let them know. the X-plan is offered to Ford's Preferred Partners meaning, not all of Ford's business partners are allowed to participate in the X-plan. so those of you who have access to the X-plan, count yourselves as lucky.

when i finished my purchase with Ford, i was called by an X-plan agent so that they could find out how i felt about the purchase and my vehicle and my experience. i mentioned something about a possible exhaust leak and a rattle coming from a panel behind the seat and they took down all the info. i was called back the next day by a Ford engineer asking me questions. he filled out some form and thanked me for my time. the next day i got a call from the dealer i bought my truck at asking me to please bring the vehicle in for inspection/service and to fill out a survey. i did, they checked the vehicle out and everything was ok, i guess i'm just paranoid. the service rep at the dealer told me why i was called in. he got a memo from Ford Corporate to get me in the shop and fix my vehicle ASAP. while the vehicle is covered under warranty and SVT vehicles get a service package equivalent to what the Ford Premier Auto Group customers have, it wasn't part of the plan to have Ford spend the money to have an actual engineer call me and assess the problem or to send a memo to my dealer and tell them to get my truck fixed.

in other words, Ford is cracking down on customer service. they have been for a while. if you are not happy with your experience at a dealer, complain. Ford wants to have customers keep coming back and buying more Fords. if thier dealers are a bunch of dicks, they won't get repeat business. i've complained to corporate a few times about certain dealers in my area and each time, Ford went out of thier way to ensure that i was a satisifed customer.

Users who are viewing this thread