Only 1500 Ford GTs to be produced!!!!

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
I read in the new Motortrend that they will only be made for one year. 1500 units, and then the GR-1 will replace it untill the next mid-engine supercar with the V10 comes out. It will replace the GT, but not look like it. (Page 16) So anyone who was hoping to get an 06 is out of luck.

This is all form the lastest MT where they got the new Mustang GT to do 0-60 in 5.1 and 1/4 at 13.6 @99.9. 267 WHP and 283 Wtrq.Thought I had to add that. (Page 44)

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
New EPA regs hit in 2007, and I don't think the GT meets them.

Which limits Ford to only two years. They can produce the GT for one, and then the GR-1 the next, until the GT replacement comes out in 2007.

2000 MGT

the GT will run for three years with a total of 4,500 units being made.....pretty common knowledge.

After that the GR-1 might replace it but nothing is official yet. I hope the GR-1 replaces it though!

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by 00StangGT
the GT will run for three years with a total of 4,500 units being made.....pretty common knowledge.

After that the GR-1 might replace it but nothing is official yet. I hope the GR-1 replaces it though!

K you should really read the article. The GT will not pass 2007 regulations, so the article says that Ford will make 1500 units, and make the GR-1 in early 2006. I'm not making this shit up.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i do not believe that ford will make the gr-1 for only 1 year. that simply does not make sense seeing how they got screwed by the epa with the gt. if they make the gr-1 look for it to be produced in much larger quantity than the gt and for way more years as well. the gr-1 is and will be the only gt replacement. ford will not be building another mid engine car to replace the gt with because the gr-1 is the replacement and it will use a front engine 6.4 litre V-10 that redlines at 7,500 rpm's.

Users who are viewing this thread