One Step Forward Two Steps Back

CobraCarrera

Established Member
It's like we cant win.......

We finally go one step ahead with the court striking down the Illinois concelled carry ban and then:

Then we go backwards with the Oregon mall shooting and now the Connecticut killlings...

I really wonder what this is going to do now to the gun owner rights and what is it going to do overall.......I just heard on the radio that the anti gun groups are already forming in front of the whitehouse....The NRA is going to probably have their hands full for a while...

Is this going to make obtaining an AR type weapon more difficult even though it really want used in todays' killings....????

I cant believe that this happened today...I am speechless/sad/angry

The Grey Beast

Established Member
I saw on the news earlier where AR weapons are already being discussed, which I find rather unfair considering it was completely unrelated to recent events. Banning things that are not a problem does not seem like a solution, at least not to me :shrug:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Why are they discussing AR's when there were only pistols used? So far no report has said anything other than multiple pistols.

The Grey Beast

Established Member
He did have one in the car, but it was never actually used in the shooting, only the 2 handguns were actually used. I just don't see how banning the guns would take them out of circulation, it would just increase the amount of black arms dealing going is the more likely outcome

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Okay on the news I heard they found .223 shell casings. Then again this was earlier today so who knows.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
It's a means to forward their agenda. Just like we had an opportunity to shrink the size of government with the deficits being run and our national debt. Unfortunately we lost that one but I think we still win this one. We have been winning for a while. I own many guns, everyone I know owns guns. In my community they are a good thing. They have never caused me or anyone I know to escalate a situation or Hurt someone. I actually have a 1911 on my hip right now. Every time something like this happens, it concerns me because I fear for my rights as a gun owner. I just didn't want to get into politics in that other thread as I thought it was disrespectful to those involved. I was shocked when I heard about what happened earlier. More so than any recent shooting I can think of but the argument can swing two ways. You can argue for stricter gun control after this but I say that's the problem. Restricting law abiding citizens from carrying guns and defending themselves only exacerbated the situation. More often then not the influence of firearms is unseen because they are an excellent deterrent. Gun free zones invite psychos bent on killing people.
An armed society is a polite society.

The Grey Beast

Established Member
I agree with the above, I just fail to see where banning semi-automatic/automatic weapons will fix anything at all. In most killings that get media attention at least, it is more often handguns or basic rifles being used. I don't feel many murderers use the kind of guns the Obama administration is looking to ban

mcallister

Established Member
It's a means to forward their agenda. Just like we had an opportunity to shrink the size of government with the deficits being run and our national debt. Unfortunately we lost that one but I think we still win this one. We have been winning for a while. I own many guns, everyone I know owns guns. In my community they are a good thing. They have never caused me or anyone I know to escalate a situation or Hurt someone. I actually have a 1911 on my hip right now. Every time something like this happens, it concerns me because I fear for my rights as a gun owner. I just didn't want to get into politics in that other thread as I thought it was disrespectful to those involved. I was shocked when I heard about what happened earlier. More so than any recent shooting I can think of but the argument can swing two ways. You can argue for stricter gun control after this but I say that's the problem. Restricting law abiding citizens from carrying guns and defending themselves only exacerbated the situation. More often then not the influence of firearms is unseen because they are an excellent deterrent. Gun free zones invite psychos bent on killing people.
An armed society is a polite society.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Correct....It is very well said......I to fear what is going to happen if things like this continue to occur.

I was actually looking to get a a rifle (Mini 14 or similar) in the near future. I wonder if this is going to hurt my chances.....?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I know it's conjecture, maybe if someone, anyone, in that school was conceal carrying the gunman would have been interceded. Same goes for the movie theater shooting, one or two people shooting back at the shooter could have altered the outcome, be it as terrible as it was.

Gunman pick targets, victims, that don't shoot back. To ban guns from all facets of law abiding society is in effect turning us into one giant elementary school, movie theater. We are all unarmed, come and do as you please.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
He did have one in the car, but it was never actually used in the shooting, only the 2 handguns were actually used. I just don't see how banning the guns would take them out of circulation, it would just increase the amount of black arms dealing going is the more likely outcome

it will drive the prices up.

full auto weapons prices are high because there are no more being made for sale to the general public without stringent processes, tax stamps from BATF, and a lot of money.

when a full auto firearm is destroyed or beyond repair, it takes one less full auto off the market. as demand increases and supply dwindles, prices will become astronomically high.

Steve@BAS

Established Member

CobraCarrera

Established Member
On Nightline last night they did show Obama say that he was going to do something about it and that he was going to be aggressive about it...They just were not sure what he was going to do exactly...I think I have a good guess.....

oldmodman

Established Member
I went to a local gun store this morning and it was crowded as all hell.

And the items being looked at? Any "black" rifle. And the prices were already up over the same guns from last week. And 223 and 308 were flying off the shelves.

Luckily I have everything I want except for a Barrett M-82, which I can't really justify buying. Maybe I'll just get a Saiga.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
I went to a local gun store this morning and it was crowded as all hell.

And the items being looked at? Any "black" rifle. And the prices were already up over the same guns from last week. And 223 and 308 were flying off the shelves.

Luckily I have everything I want except for a Barrett M-82, which I can't really justify buying. Maybe I'll just get a Saiga.

I figured that would happen.....I went last week myself locally and you could barely walk into the store. Many husbands/boyfriends buying guns for their significant others....

I may have to put that Mini I want on layaway...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread