One piece DS hits resonators, would Borla pipes fix?

terminal5

Established Member
Hi folks,

My DSS carbon-fiber driveshaft will rest on the stock resonators if I let the axle drop far enough, still within the extension range of the stock shocks. This concerns me.

I've seen enough pics of the Lethal/JPC pipes installed to know that they would clear. They appear to come straight back from the X/H pipe connection whereas the Borla pipes pinch inward first more like the stock pipes do. Does anyone know if the Borla pipes are far enough apart further to the rear to prevent the driveshaft from touching them when the diff hangs down? Pics of these installed would be great too.

Thanks!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
When I put my car on a two post lift, there are no clearance issues between the DSS carbon shaft and Lethal OTA pipes. Stay tuned for Borla results.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Hi folks,

My DSS carbon-fiber driveshaft will rest on the stock resonators if I let the axle drop far enough, still within the extension range of the stock shocks. This concerns me.

I've seen enough pics of the Lethal/JPC pipes installed to know that they would clear. They appear to come straight back from the X/H pipe connection whereas the Borla pipes pinch inward first more like the stock pipes do. Does anyone know if the Borla pipes are far enough apart further to the rear to prevent the driveshaft from touching them when the diff hangs down? Pics of these installed would be great too.

Thanks!

I know our pipes will fit. But to be honest i think you will be fine with what your have unless you are taking the car off jumps on your way to work.

With the car at ride height i really dont think you will run into a clearance issue with any pipes and 1 piece shaft

terminal5

Established Member
I know our pipes will fit. But to be honest i think you will be fine with what your have unless you are taking the car off jumps on your way to work.

With the car at ride height i really dont think you will run into a clearance issue with any pipes and 1 piece shaft

I think you're right that they won't touch in operation, but it's a concern when just working under the car. I wouldn't want to let someone else put it up on a lift or throw stands under the frame and let the driveshaft crash into the exhaust. Maybe there's not enough load on it in that condition to worry about it? Maybe it's just an excuse to let myself buy some pipes?

keoni1984

Established Member
:lol: Pretty funny, Eric. I eventually do want to get a set of your guys' over-axle pipes.

Edit: tree'd.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread