One of the best dunk contests i've seen

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
kids put on quite a show. IMO blake griffin deserved the win, but Mcgee was a close second

Indyarocks Videos - Dunks Over Car

This is what I thought Griffin was going to do, I would've been impressed if he had. Not to say that his dunk wasn't innovative, but the skill level wasn't really that hard. McGee's double basket dunk or even his triple dunk were much harder that that one.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I thought it overall sucked. I miss the old dunk contests. Too much setup and preparation nowadays.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
i felt ibaka's first dunk was awesome... call me old school, but it's the first time i've seen a "free throw dunk" BEHIND the free throw line. jordan's, dr. j's, and brent barry's were all at or a step in front of the line.

maybe there've been others who've done it behind the line, but last night's dunk contest was the first one i've caught in a couple of years.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Not too bad top to bottom.

FT dunk and Griffins 'off backboard elbow' dunk were the 2 most impressive IMO.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
i felt ibaka's first dunk was awesome... call me old school, but it's the first time i've seen a "free throw dunk" BEHIND the free throw line. jordan's, dr. j's, and brent barry's were all at or a step in front of the line.

maybe there've been others who've done it behind the line, but last night's dunk contest was the first one i've caught in a couple of years.

Jordan had one that he was about an inch behind the line but I can't find it. He's also the only one to jump from the line and actually double pump the ball in the air and not just fly through and dunk it. I'll give the guy 3-5" if he doesn't just fly and do a simple dunk.

There was a triple jumper that jumped from behind the line a long time ago and dunked it with 2 hands.:eek:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
DeRozan was robbed overall and Ibaka got screwed on the FT line dunk score.

The "over the car" dunk is ridiculously overrated, IMO. BG's first dunk was badass and the one he was going to do for the second would've been nuts if he hadn't run out of time. Overall, I thought it was a good competition. I think they need to change the format so everybody does 4 dunks and then they pick a winner.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Best dunk of the night, IMO,

ijih6y.gif

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD3SovjhUqY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Derozan 2011 Slam Dunk Contest Second Dunk[/nomedia]

Also, someone please direct to where I can get a suit made like the one Darryl Dawkins is rockin.

fruhdaddy

Established Member
Dunk contest wasnt all that great. Griffin stole the arm in basket dunk from Vince. Bottom line is using props is played out now. They need to go back to high flying backboard shattering dunks kinda like the first few of the night. None of this grabbing teddy bear stuff or jumping over the hood of a car when your almost 7ft tall to begin with. Kobe vs Lebron would be a pretty good match

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the dunks were cool...when they finally pulled em off. Watching someone try the same dunk 8 times is annoying as hell. I think if I had bought tickets to see that, I would have been disappointed.

i go back and forth on the props...some of them are cool and others (like the bear) are stupid

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Jordan had one that he was about an inch behind the line but I can't find it. He's also the only one to jump from the line and actually double pump the ball in the air and not just fly through and dunk it. I'll give the guy 3-5" if he doesn't just fly and do a simple dunk.

There was a triple jumper that jumped from behind the line a long time ago and dunked it with 2 hands.:eek:

Jordan never dunked from behind the line, although his AND Dr. J's, AND Breant Barrys were all more impressive 'looking'.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Jordan never dunked from behind the line, although his AND Dr. J's, AND Breant Barrys were all more impressive 'looking'.

Truth.

A. He double pumped, thats why his dunk looks like he's actually flying

B. He's 6'6 not 7'0 with a 90" reach like Ibaka.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Griffin had that won before he stepped on the court. It all boils down to a pop contest, and its in LA where everything was scripted. Hell look who won the celebrity MVP

Users who are viewing this thread