One more gas price post

V8Mustang

Established Member
What I can't figure out is that as soon as the wind began to blow in the Gulf, gas prices here began to go up, and did so until they got to $3.00. About a $.50 per gal increase within 24 hrs.

Now, the reason for the increase, as I've been told, is due to rigs in the Gulf being shut down due to Katrina.

So, if the prices can go up as fast in such a short period of time, why do they not drop when these rigs go back in operation? I read about a week ago that 30% were back up.

By now, I'd guess that number would be higher but guess what? Gas prices are still the exact same now as they were at the peak.

To me, this is clearly a scam but if someone has a factual rational for this, let me know.

I don't have far to drive so I go through little gas so I've been getting 3 gallons at a time. This helps me feel better b/c I know the gas station looses $.30 per credit card transaction plus about 2%. The less I spend, the worse their profit ratio is. I also avoid exxonmobil.

04SVT

Established Member
I was paying $3.07 for premium last week... yesterday it was $2.77. They're dropping - at least here anyway.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I believe the market reacted to one could have happen'd and did happen. The law of supply and demand. Had the market reduced it consumption then the price would have gone down quicker. Big problem is there are only a few major players that control production and we love to drive are gas guzzlers. SUV sales are starting to slow but there are still quite a few on the road. I've got a full size truck, Cobra and the wifes van. Either way none of them get very good gas mileage

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Well, my car is a garage queen right now and I drive it like once a week to the store or something. I haven't put gas in it for a while, but it looks like prices are coming down.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
Yeah gas just started to come down its actual under $3 at one staion for 93($2.98 :banana: ).

LogiWorld123

Established Member
OklahomaCitygasbuddy.gif

V8Mustang

Established Member
Scoriox said:

You've got to be kidding!!! That is a killer deal. Like I said, it has not dropped one penny at the two stations by my house. I've not ventured out anywhere farther to check but maybe there is some price fixing on my street.

Users who are viewing this thread