One Final Appeal to all SVTP Voters

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
For all those voting on November 4, here are my final thoughts on the election.

You may feel like the Republicans will be in favor of your best interests. You may feel like the Democrats will be in favor of your best interests. That is just fine if they fit your profile. But I'm willing to guess that the party you are considering voting for has let you down.

The people have spoken. You are a member of the people and you, like many out there are most likely disgusted with Congress, the main governing body of this great nation. Approval ratings for Congress are at an all-time low. Hovering around 9%, it is clear that America has lost its way. Recent polls show that America will continue to vote major party officials into office. For what purpose? If your internet service provider or phone company you are paying for had your approval rating of a paltry 9%, would you continue to pay the bill? If your insurance company had your approval rating of 9%, would you still hold onto the policy? Or would you take your business elsewhere?

People of this great nation have continued to fund and elect these officials who fail to represent the people it serves. That, my friends, is a recipe for disaster.

Regardless of who wins the election, America will continue to lose the battle to retain our identity, or sovereignty, and our Constitution. Voting for either party who continue the status quo is a wasted vote. Neither candidate will serve your needs because they've failed to serve them for quite some time. Nonetheless, the President is only one cog in the entire political machine. Your vote for Congressional leaders is far more influential and critical to your lifestyle, beliefs, and freedoms. They influence your way of life more than you could ever imagine.

All I ask of everyone this year is to vote for candidates you feel work in favor of your best interests. We are feeling the winds of change and that wind is not blowing in the direction of either party. Your vote is only wasted on those who fail to serve you and everyone else as a nation, one that has earned its strength and reputation for equality and democracy based on principals and actions lacking in both major party candidates. If you feel things won't ever change, consider Abraham Lincoln, the first GOP president, and Ross Perot, the 1992 candidate who brought that same party down to its knees.

But we all equally understand we are reluctant to change. Change can be painful, yet often necessary. Change is not always for the better, but one thing is certain. If we continue to vote for "the team" and not for "the Nation", this vicious cycle will continue.

Ask yourselves this candid question. "Is the man or woman I am voting for going to make real change in this country, for the better?" If the honest answer is "No", perhaps it's time to rethink your vote and consider the other check boxes on the ballot this year.

See you next Tuesday.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ill be at sema next tuesday, voting for a trip to the local strip joint :dancenana:

Defknotzero

Established Member
I just wish we had better people running for office. Out of everyone in america, these are the two BEST?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I just wish we had better people running for office. Out of everyone in america, these are the two BEST?

+1000 except, these are the FOUR best?? for GODS SAKE we have 300 million plus people in this country :nonono:

Defknotzero

Established Member
By "suppose" you mean you don't know of any other candidate? Or you don't feel any other candidate has a shot at "the title"?

IMHO, I feel that majority of people have gotten used to this "two party system". You are either voting Dem or Repub. Not that I like either choice for the most part but there has to be some other alternative.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
+1000 except, these are the FOUR best?? for GODS SAKE we have 300 million plus people in this country :nonono:

Best is all relative. Best in this case means the "best" represent the current 2 parties, not necessarily the best candidates running. Again, it's not all about the President. It's about principles, parties, Congress, and a slew of other issues on the ballots.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
IMHO, I feel that majority of people have gotten used to this "two party system". You are either voting Dem or Repub. Not that I like either choice for the most part but there has to be some other alternative.

There are alternatives. Hence the thread. :beer:

omj

Established Member
America's greatness has been squandered. We did it to ourselves. Whatever we get is more than what we deserve.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
It all comes down to $$$$$$. I supported Ron Paul (along with most of Austin it seems) but it didn't quite work out, lol.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
i wish there were rules for campaigning, like every canditate gets equal money for their campain. so no single party has the upper hand in getting their highly funded candidate more spotlight time than other.

our government is way down the crapper.

good post o.p

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
i wish there were rules for campaigning, like every canditate gets equal money for their campain. so no single party has the upper hand in getting their highly funded candidate more spotlight time than other.

our government is way down the crapper.

good post o.p

That's why it's pretty shitty of Obama to renege on his promise to use public finance. If Obama is elected, no other candidates are going to want to use public financing since it's a lot easier to win the popularity contest that has become our presidential election with spending power. It's not about issues any more. If it was, neither of these dickbags would be our nominees.

Users who are viewing this thread