One dead Trailblazer SS!

Freedom

Established Member
Typical roll race story, I dont do this "street racing" much, but couldnt pass up trashing GM's pride and joy of the truck market (since the silverado ss is a joke).... Roll from 45MPH, had it by 6 or 7 trucklengths up to 100.... some 20 something year old kid on a causeway...

I did like the "air scoops" on the front of it, I will probably never get to see the back of one :banana:

Insomnia

Established Member
I love the look of the trailblazer SS, guy around here has a black one with some 20" chrome rims on it, but they are nothing for a lightning to worry about nice kill.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice Kill!!!
Not trying to highjack your thread but...

I posted not too long ago about a similar race with my friend new Trailazer SS(me in my MACH1) comming back from the swap meet and show at Englistown. We went from a 50mph roll on the NJ Turnpike. Let me just say that, it was over before it started. I gave him the first hit. When I heard his passing gear kick in, I dropped it into third (from fourth) and pulled on him badly. I shut down at about 120mph with WAY to much distance between us. We stopped at a rest stop later and talked about it. He honestly did not think he would have got pulled that badly. He though at least he would have hung in for a little while. Oh well... I told him he should have at least gotten an "L" if he wanted a fast truck.:coolman:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
From the timeslips I've seen, they should give a stock Lightning a decent run (been hearing that they run 13.5s). Imagine one of those things with a nice H/C/I setup.

Freedom

Established Member
T-Bolt said:
From the timeslips I've seen, they should give a stock Lightning a decent run (been hearing that they run 13.5s). Imagine one of those things with a nice H/C/I setup.

I am imagining it spitting out axles!

Tman

Established Member
Ive seen one here at the track that ran 14.5's bone stock so Im not sure if it can actually run 13's but like you said with a nice h/c/e setup it can pull pretty good I bet.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I saw a stock one run a 14.1 and 14.2, no 13s yet... they are really cool trucks though...:thumbsup:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
Freedom said:
I am imagining it spitting out axles!
No offense, good kill, but c'mon....Spitting out axles ? It's an auto for christs sake...It's softer on a rear than a T-break or a clutch dump. Again, good kill, but chill out man.

T-Bolt

Established Member
lilbuddy1587 said:
No offense, good kill, but c'mon....Spitting out axles ? It's an auto for christs sake...It's softer on a rear than a T-break or a clutch dump. Again, good kill, but chill out man.

Unless you do a massive neutral drop.:D

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Gm should have grew some balls and gave it an eaton blown LS2. Now THAT would be cool

lol, my buddy is making a real trailblazer SS... puttin in a iron block 408 stroker with ls2 topend. nice cam and it should fly pretty good. then comes twin turbos

T-Bolt

Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
lol, my buddy is making a real trailblazer SS... puttin in a iron block 408 stroker with ls2 topend. nice cam and it should fly pretty good. then comes twin turbos

Dammit, I wanted to that first!

1fastdak

Established Member
many Trailblazers ss's have seen sub 13 sec runs stock when there is cool weather(some even seeing 13.4),its just the heat that kills it(pulls timing like a mofo in high heat).it also needs a tune to be woken up,came detuned from the factory for towing reasons.TM is a bitch to.I love mine ,my buddy has a 03 L,and we have reaced quite a few times with me usualy winning always from a dig,he would always pull about a car from a roll.

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
1fastdak said:
many Trailblazers ss's have seen sub 13 sec runs stock when there is cool weather(some even seeing 13.4),its just the heat that kills it(pulls timing like a mofo in high heat).it also needs a tune to be woken up,came detuned from the factory for towing reasons.TM is a bitch to.I love mine ,my buddy has a 03 L,and we have reaced quite a few times with me usualy winning always from a dig,he would always pull about a car from a roll.

I don't buy a stock TBSS running low 13's. Come on dude, LS2 GTO's are barely running that with a decent driver, let alone an SUV that weighs at least a few hundred more pounds! Low 14's sounds about right, but not low 13's. Shit, when my Explorer was in its first stage of mods and had about 450 at the crank and weighs 4,500 lbs it still only ran a 13.6 on stock AT's. Granted I could have gotten it down to a 13.4 on DR's. Now your saying that a vehicle that weighs 50 lbs more than mine and has 60 less HP is going to run a 13.3-13.4 stock??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right. :rollseyes

lilbuddy1587

Banned
rocket5979 said:
I don't buy a stock TBSS running low 13's. Come on dude, LS2 GTO's are barely running that with a decent driver, let alone an SUV that weighs at least a few hundred more pounds! Low 14's sounds about right, but not low 13's. Shit, when my Explorer was in its first stage of mods and had about 450 at the crank and weighs 4,500 lbs it still only ran a 13.6 on stock AT's. Granted I could have gotten it down to a 13.4 on DR's. Now your saying that a vehicle that weighs 50 lbs more than mine and has 60 less HP is going to run a 13.3-13.4 stock??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right. :rollseyes

Too bad its the truth :D There's a thing called AWD, which some TBSS's are.
So I have no problem believing that a bone stock AWD ls2 is gonna pull mid-low 13's:read:

SVORay

Established Member
lilbuddy1587 said:
Too bad its the truth :D There's a thing called AWD, which some TBSS's are.
So I have no problem believing that a bone stock AWD ls2 is gonna pull mid-low 13's:read:

There is an expcetion to every rule but the exception isn't the rule. I'm sure there is a few out there pulling down some good times but they're probaly in a better climment or elvevation than the rest. I know a guy doing mid 13's in a stock 03' HD. The fatest I can do with some lite mods in my 03' HD is 14.8's.

Users who are viewing this thread