One day at a time

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
This weekend is my two year anniversary of quiting smoking. For all of you thinking of quiting, do it. And stick with it. I used Chantix, and for all the negative press, it worked well for me (and my roommate). If you can go cold-turkey, so be it. The important thing to know is that there are people to help support you through something like this. The manifestations of smoking are insidious. Although diagnosed with emphysema years ago, a little cough wasn't going to stop me from enjoying "just one more smoke." Even 'clinical death', that is cardiac and pulmonary arrest during surgery, wasn't enough to make me quit. It wasn't until I woke up one Saturday knowing that was the day I was going to die from coughing, that I finally quit. I won't lie and say it's been easy. But, if I were still smoking, no doubt I'd be dead by now. I'm waiting for another lung biopsy to see if the new mass in my lung is cancer or not. I can't walk faster than 3.0 mph on the treadmill no matter how much I will myself to breathe deeper. If you can quit, now is a good time. For me, one day at a time. Be well and breathe deep.

Black Justin

Established Member
Congrats on quitting man. I did the same thing a few months ago, and i've never felt better. I also did it cold turkey.

Good luck with the biopsy.

ssssnake

Established Member
I'm proud of you - it's a very hard thing to do. I quit 5 years ago (for the third and last time), but I know I'm one cigarette away from being a smoker again. I pray your biopsy results are good. I get a lung scan every six months. He told me that if my next one had no change, we'd only do one once a year. woohoo!

Keep us posted on your results.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Congrats dude! I smoked for a couple years and quit back in '01. It was easy for me to quit. Damn near choked on my own spit jogging.

Users who are viewing this thread