One Badass Taurus...

nik96

Established Member
This was taken from www.shoforum.com . It is an '89 Taurus SHO built to run at the salt flats. The motor is bored and destroked and fully built with big cams, ported heads, custom headers and exhaust and normally aspirated. Anyway, thought some of you might enjoy the sweet sound of this little screamin' 3.0. Probably want to skip to about 2:24 when he takes off.

Taurus does 159 mph!

vid link- http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/saltsho/?action=view&current=SpeedTrials.flv

lake.jpg

:rockon:

Last edited:

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Best looking Taurus I've ever seen...judging from the pic.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
I believe that car makes the most horsepower out of the SHO 3.0 n/a. He's making somewhere around 318 fwhp and 290ish fwtq.

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
I had my 03 L with light mods to 154 on GPS with roughly 900 rpms to go when i shut down. THATS impressive.

nik96

Established Member
Orions96cobra said:
the intake manifold was desinged by yamaha, not the entire engine.

False. The entire engine was designed by Yamaha with Ford specifications. The intake, heads, and shortblock are all a Yamaha design. Ford originally sent Yamaha a Vulcan 3.0 block to adapt their design to but where told the crankshaft support would not hold up the RPM that the heads and valvetrain required. Ford then gave Yamaha the go-ahead to design the whole motor.

Your statement holds more truth in regards to the 3.4 V8 in the '96-'99 SHOs. The intake and heads where designed by Yamaha while the block was based on the 2.5 Ford duratech/cosworth. Ford also designed the rotating assy. and valvetrain.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Orions96cobra said:
the intake manifold was desinged by yamaha, not the entire engine.
As Nik stated the 89-95 SHO motors were completely designed by Yamaha. Shipped complete from Japan to Atlanta to be installed into the cars. The 96-99 SHO engines, Yamaha only influenced/designed the heads & intake on it.

Users who are viewing this thread