Onboard Video: Harris Hill Road

CCS86

Established Member
Hey guys, here's some footage from this past Saturday at Harris Hill Road in San Marcos, TX. I was instructing for Longhorn Racing Academy, and taking my car out for laps in between. I propped my Canon 60D up in the backseat on a tripod.

My student had a '12 Mustang too, but with Brembos (+ upgraded pads), Koni STR.Ts, and brand new NT05's. It was cool to switch back and forth between my car (Eagle F1 Supercars from 2008, stock shocks, stock brakes, Spohn panhard and UCA) and his. I can fade the brakes on command in my car, so I was really soft on the approaches in this video since it's my DD. The stock shocks are utter garbage, and I can't wait to get some Koni Yellows on there. His car broke deep lap after lap, had great grip, and was very predictable.

:beer:

H2R - '12 Mustang - Longhorn Racing Academy HPDE - YouTube

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
Nice video. I took my 2011 car to HH last August (100 degrees out) and the brakes held up pretty descent but the tires (pzeros suck) got greasy after couple laps. It was very fun. HH was much more bumpy than I anticipated, scraped the front wiper a few times.

CCS86

Established Member
That looks like a fun track. What's the length on it?

1.82-mile, 11-turns, 36-feet wide, with over 150 feet of elevation changes

track3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread