On3 Turbo Kits Reliability?

CobraPowered

Killin' Ricers EveryWhere
Established Member
Hey guys, my bro purchased a clean, low mileage 96' Saleen S281 Speedster with 32k original miles. We were talkin' adding some boost, and he asked about a turbo kit. I searched and came across the On3 turbo kits. They look well built, but I haven't heard much about them.

Can anyone give me some insight on them? The car is driven on the weekends for a toy. So, not looking for huge power just something fun.

rstang98

Game on
Established Member
I'm considering it as well but with it being a new kit it doesn't have alot of followers yet so I'll wait a little bit

CobraPowered

Killin' Ricers EveryWhere
Established Member
SVTJoe- Thanks for the insight. I'm an import fan (don't hate me) and turbos seem to be more efficient and fun than S/C. That's part of the reason for leaning toward a turbo.

RStang- Im also quesitoning them as well. I think I might wait until this summer when the car really comes out of the garage to worry about it. It just snowed here again this morning and my bro is leaving the car inside for awhile.

jaxboostedGT

Established Member
they have a good kit for the price, its not a complete kit though, you will still need the things they tell you on his website. the welds are great and fittment is great too. alot people knock on the kit but, they just hate because someone finally built a turbo kit that is somewhat affordable.

Chrome_GT

Established Member
they have a good kit for the price, its not a complete kit though, you will still need the things they tell you on his website. the welds are great and fittment is great too. alot people knock on the kit but, they just hate because someone finally built a turbo kit that is somewhat affordable.

Which K member did you use? Did you have much issues with the hotside clamps?

jaxboostedGT

Established Member
i have a granatelli motorsports street package. no, not realy with the clamps. im in the aviation field and work on jet engines. all v band clamps are a pain in the butt. just takes a little help and extra hands if you can get them.:thumbsup:

Aereon

Established Member
Does anyone have their direct contact info? I have a few questions that I'd like answered but cannot find any email or contact info on their website.

Chrome_GT

Established Member
i have a granatelli motorsports street package. no, not realy with the clamps. im in the aviation field and work on jet engines. all v band clamps are a pain in the butt. just takes a little help and extra hands if you can get them.:thumbsup:

Thank you, sounds good. Looking forward to see how much power you make.

Users who are viewing this thread