On3 60mm TT dyno results

Whippled3v

Established Member
Finally hit the dyno yesterday and was pleased with the results. We're having a slight drop in boost/power at high RPMs (no more than 1.5 psi or 50 whp). Think it might have to do with the cheap GFB G Force II eboost controller I bought, my poor decision for going the cheaper route. Will likely order an AMS 1000 or eboost 2 sometime soon as I would like boost by gear and I've had a couple other issues with this current controller. If that does not solve the issue, some tial wastegates will be next on the list. Anyones opinion on this issue would be greatly appreciated because I know it could be a number of things.

Now for the mod list:
Stock sleeve block
Manley rods/pistons
11.5:1 CR
TFS Valvesprings
TSS Billet Oil Pump gears
Stock heads/cams/intake manifold
Base 60mm kit as it comes from On3
JPC return style twin 465 lph pumps
ID1000's
Magnum XL w/RXT
On3 O/R X pipe
Flowmaster Outlaws
E85

Car made 879 whp on a Mustang dyno at only 6200 RPM on 19-20# when the boost saw a slight drop. Was still climbing until this occurred.
Peak torque was 745, dyno sheet looks very confusing but I want to say peak torque came around 5k RPM. Torque to power ratio was much higher and very consistent/flat on lower boost pulls, as the boost went up the power started to outweigh it, but torque was consistently peaking at 5k RPM and under.

If you listen closely, you can somewhat hear the change in sound towards the end of the pull where power stops climbing.
[video=youtube;SHWkxOKG61A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHWkxOKG61A[/video]

image1.JPG

Last edited:

evil281

Established Member
Jeebus...what kind of cost were involved to forge the motor the way you did with stock block if you dont mind me asking. you can pm if you like.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Jeebus...what kind of cost were involved to forge the motor the way you did with stock block if you dont mind me asking. you can pm if you like.

We actually bought this car from a forum member last year who had already done the motor build and turbo install. I'll let him know I made the thread and see if he'll chime in or shoot you a PM.

TClark22

Established Member
Some good power man! Is that on E85? Probably close to maxing out those 1000s on E85, no?

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
is this on E85? C16?

if you're on E85, you're likely at the limit of the DC of those ID1000's. that's why I traded mine and went bigger.

something is going on tho, if you're not making power sooner. my single spools up at 4000 and makes full power before 4500.

id look into the boost leash as well. I run a leash, boost by gear with my T56 and it performs great.

I'd also be weary of the On3 gates, but that's just me. if those fail, as they've been known to do, you blow up.

Whippled3v

Established Member
is this on E85? C16?

if you're on E85, you're likely at the limit of the DC of those ID1000's. that's why I traded mine and went bigger.

something is going on tho, if you're not making power sooner. my single spools up at 4000 and makes full power before 4500.

id look into the boost leash as well. I run a leash, boost by gear with my T56 and it performs great.

I'd also be weary of the On3 gates, but that's just me. if those fail, as they've been known to do, you blow up.

E85, went back and edited that in. I know we're getting close to the limit of the 1000's but the spikes were happening on lower boost pulls as well. Limits of the stock sleeve block are around where fuel will max out so the car won't see much time at this power level.
Definitely want to upgrade the wastegates before it hits the rollers again.
Appreciate the feedback

Whippled3v

Established Member
Some good power man! Is that on E85? Probably close to maxing out those 1000s on E85, no?

Thanks! Yes this is on E85, sorry forgot to mention that. Definitely getting close to maxing out the 1000's, still wasn't going lean though. Limits of stock sleeve block are around where fuel will max out so realistically the car won't see much time at this level.

TClark22

Established Member
Thanks! Yes this is on E85, sorry forgot to mention that. Definitely getting close to maxing out the 1000's, still wasn't going lean though. Limits of stock sleeve block are around where fuel will max out so realistically the car won't see much time at this level.

Yea I'm not going to take my stock sleeve block past 1000. But I do plan on keeping it in the 800-900 range once I have a transmission that can handle that.

F8L BYT

Established Member
ID1000's are good for 1035hp on E85 I know that for sure....... Where did you have it tuned at? Is that Speedy dyno?

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
I planned on using a GFB G-Force II for my turbo build are you fairly positive that's the cause of the boost/hp dipping? Guess I'll be running a different one if so.

Whippled3v

Established Member
ID1000's are good for 1035hp on E85 I know that for sure....... Where did you have it tuned at? Is that Speedy dyno?

HAP, Ryan Hargetts new place over on the west side of Evansville. Just got a bad ass, brand new Mustang dynamometer installed a few weeks ago.

I planned on using a GFB G-Force II for my turbo build are you fairly positive that's the cause of the boost/hp dipping? Guess I'll be running a different one if so.

I'm not but that and the on3 wastegates are my best guess. However, the G force already turned me against it last week when it wasn't holding the boost where it was set at. Over boost had been turned up because I was playing with some of the settings and it was spiking well past 18 psi when I had it set to 11 psi and that is NOT ok. Played with the connections and reset the duty cycle and it hasn't done it again but now I don't trust it. I'd also like a better controller for the boost by gear feature for dig racing.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Yea I'm not going to take my stock sleeve block past 1000. But I do plan on keeping it in the 800-900 range once I have a transmission that can handle that.

Once I upgrade to some Tial wastegates so I feel safe at those boost levels and get everything lined out, I'll be staying 800+ as well
Love your build by the way man

TClark22

Established Member
Once I upgrade to some Tial wastegates so I feel safe at those boost levels and get everything lined out, I'll be staying 800+ as well

Yea I'd definitely get some quality gates in there.

You got me a little scared about all this boost jump and everything. lol I'm not going to be running a boost controller just yet. Just the good ol manual way.

cb900f

Established Member

My On3 wastegates went out after the 5th pull. Installed some Tial gates and it works much better. Now it looks like my drivers side turbo seals are shot. :-( Only had it running about 2 months.

syclone50

Established Member
My On3 wastegates went out after the 5th pull. Installed some Tial gates and it works much better. Now it looks like my drivers side turbo seals are shot. :-( Only had it running about 2 months.

Sam were those wastegates a direct fit with our kit?

Which ones did you buy

Users who are viewing this thread