? on Vortech boost control

whitelightning9

Established Member
I'm installing an s-trim on a 95 cobra and I need to wire in the boost control, I don't have the harness that ties in line with the coil so I was going to hard wire it in, only Vortech is no help whatsoever in telling me how to wire it in direct, there are three wires coming from the control unit to the coil, there are three wires on the coil, two wires red/green tied together on one side and one white wire on the other. Does anyone know how to wire it direct, or can someone look at the harness from vortech that goes inline with the coil and tell me what is tied to what. Any help would be great!!! (vortech, at least the guy I talked to couldn't even tell me what wires need what from the controller, such as orange is switched 12V and white is ground he had no clue!!)

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I took some pics of the wiring harness. Not sure if it will help, however post up your email address or PM me and i will send you the pics. (same reply on Corral)

whitelightning9

Established Member
Thanks for the pic raven69david, I figured it out (the pic. did help confirm) it looks like they are sending power to the btm by taping into it and then the neg. side of the coil goes to the btm first and then back to the coil. I had to look it up on msd's web site, kind of scary that vortech couldn't help me with that one!!

Users who are viewing this thread