On the open track with my new coolling setup.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Saturday May 19 Open lapping.
Outside temps was around 20C with a little breeze, tires: GAC Hoosiers, fuel: 94 with octane booster.
1st setup: 3.100 upper only, 18deg timing, A/F 11.5 - 11.8 between 2 & 4 and 11.1 - 11.3 between 4 & 6. 20 HOT laps back to back! ECT max 198F, IT2 max 122 dropping down on the straights to 195/115!
2nd setup: 3.400 upper only, 19deg timing, 11.5 - 11.8 across the bourd for the rest of the day (more than 30laps), ECT max 195 & IT2 max 115!

Monday May 21 Drifting
Outside temps was around 18C, tires Khumho 712 in the front and some used allseasons on the rear.
Drift setup: 2.900 upper only, 21deg, A/F 11.8 across the board. ECT max 205 & IT2 max 128!

The Cobra was a monster all weekend, never splilled a drop of coollant!! The only problem I had was that I ran out of rubber.

here are some pics and a short vid...
IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

th_DunnevilleDritingMay2007.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Amazing! Thanks for sharing all these results, pics and vids. Sometimes it gets overlooked how much we appreciate people posting things like this.

:beer:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
after reading your post, I've decided I too would like to try to make this myself. Any help as to getting to the port with out removing the blower. Also what should I use for the dia. of the port .35 flow restictor? sorry for the vage question just thought you could point me it a good direction. Great work!

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Amazing! Thanks for sharing all these results, pics and vids. Sometimes it gets overlooked how much we appreciate people posting things like this.

:beer:

You are most welcome:coolman:

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
Bring that bad boy down to Gingerman in July so we can find out how the cooling system does in 100f heat :)

I am running Mosport at the end of July, should be around 90f atleast!
How far is Gingerman from the border (Windsor)?

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
brad65ford said:
after reading your post, I've decided I too would like to try to make this myself. Any help as to getting to the port with out removing the blower. Also what should I use for the dia. of the port .35 flow restictor? sorry for the vage question just thought you could point me it a good direction. Great work!

Thanks.
I was concerned about upsetting the overall flow so I started with a 1/4 ID. After hot lapping Saturday I checked the crossover tube on both sides coming from the head with a temp probe. Left was 195 and right was 198... not sure what to make of this yet.
So I drilled the hole out to .312 in the insert. Next week I will do some more testing on Mosport with Sean Hylland.
As for getting to the port... my rad was out so I was standing inside the engine bay, this made my life a lot easier.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
Just across the state. South Haven is on lake Michigan. There's also an event there with SVT Cobra Mustang Club in September, where the weather is much cooler.

I hope to make it up to Mosport, but it probaby won't be until next year.

go fast, and stay safe! :pepper:

Venom525RWHP said:
I am running Mosport at the end of July, should be around 90f atleast!
How far is Gingerman from the border (Windsor)?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Venom525RWHP said:
Thanks.
I was concerned about upsetting the overall flow so I started with a 1/4 ID. After hot lapping Saturday I checked the crossover tube on both sides coming from the head with a temp probe. Left was 195 and right was 198... not sure what to make of this yet.
So I drilled the hole out to .312 in the insert. Next week I will do some more testing on Mosport with Sean Hylland.
As for getting to the port... my rad was out so I was standing inside the engine bay, this made my life a lot easier.

I've been looking and thinking about this none stop. I thought about the thread that it looks like you used to hold your o-ringed cartrige in. (By the way what size thread is it 14MM?) If there was another one next to it, we could make a flanged o-ring manifold with a thru hole and bolt it down and then poke a hole in the blow out plug with a screw driver. This would be alot easier no, no need to remove the cap on the head just leave it in there and seal on the head itself. I think there is a intake bolt near it but its not the same hight. But it still could be made , I'm not done thinking, do you have anymore pictures and thoughts because I agree its fun to make things. I love being a machinist. Great work again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread