On the job blah

:decepTion:

Established Member
Well I am a car porter had to take a car from Chicago all the way down to Champaign to bring a customer a car while bringing our loaner back. On my way back I got pulled over after passing a slow truck on a 2 lane highway. Speed limit was 55 I got clocked at 79 so I was going 24 over. I got pulled over in Morris city which is in Grundy county. Ticket says I do not have to appear in court. Back of the ticket says 140$ for speeding more than 20 but not more than 30 over the limit. Officer told me if I drive a lot which of course I do... he advised I should appear in court. So what is the best thing for me to do what can I expect to happen? I've been told to go to court and request for supervision. I have a clean driving record with no convictions last time I got pulled over was when I was about 16 or so I was still a minor had supervision and that was it, and I am 21 now.:(

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Go to court or just pay the fine :shrug:

You may have the ability to have the ticket reduced if you go to court. If you just mail the ticket in you lose that.

Make sense? It wouldn't hurt you to go to court unless you're going to lose a lot of personal time or wages over it.

Established Member
Go to court or just pay the fine :shrug:

You may have the ability to have the ticket reduced if you go to court. If you just mail the ticket in you lose that.

Make sense? It wouldn't hurt you to go to court unless you're going to lose a lot of personal time or wages over it.

ok, would you say possibility of supervision is very likely?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Well I am a car porter had to take a car from Chicago all the way down to Champaign to bring a customer a car while bringing our loaner back. On my way back I got pulled over after passing a slow truck on a 2 lane highway. Speed limit was 55 I got clocked at 79 so I was going 24 over. I got pulled over in Morris city which is in Grundy county. Ticket says I do not have to appear in court. Back of the ticket says 140$ for speeding more than 20 but not more than 30 over the limit. Officer told me if I drive a lot which of course I do... he advised I should appear in court. So what is the best thing for me to do what can I expect to happen? I've been told to go to court and request for supervision. I have a clean driving record with no convictions last time I got pulled over was when I was about 16 or so I was still a minor had supervision and that was it, and I am 21 now.:(

LOL

Nothing against you and definitely not laughing at you, but anything over 20 MPH over posted is criminal speeding in my state. Also, the last time speeding tickets in any municipality here was under 200 bucks was probably in the '90s. If I got your ticket for the speeds you were doing, I'd call myself lucky and just pay.

ZWilson07

Established Member
LOL

Nothing against you and definitely not laughing at you, but anything over 20 MPH over posted is criminal speeding in my state. Also, the last time speeding tickets in any municipality here was under 200 bucks was probably in the '90s. If I got your ticket for the speeds you were doing, I'd call myself lucky and just pay.

^x2

Id honestly just pay the ticket and be done with it, not have to travel back for it or nothing. Also honestly $140 for that ticket is a steal, hell here just a regular speeding ticket would be 180-190 much less a speed like that. Plus no offense but you must have really been in a hurry if you were passing a "slow" truck in a 55 which I assume means he wasnt even doing the speed limit and still got clocked being that much over the speed limit.

Goodluck, but like I said if it was me, id just mail in the money and be done with it.

Last edited:

Established Member
^x2

Id honestly just pay the ticket and be done with it, not have to travel back for it or nothing. Also honestly $140 for that ticket is a steal, hell here just a regular speeding ticket would be 180-190 much less a speed like that. Plus no offense but you must have really been in a hurry if you were passing a "slow" truck in a 55 which I assume means he wasnt even doing the speed limit and still got clocked being that much over the speed limit.

Goodluck, but like I said if it was me, id just mail in the money and be done with it.

I went around him extra fast cuz i hate being in the oncoming lane for a while passing someone 1 or 2 mph faster than them takes forever to get around especially a truck that is "oversized load". I wasn't about to follow behind him at 50 mph down a 68 mile 2 lane road. I'm not really bothered about the 140$ fine its the not getting it on my insurance and convicted part... For some reason most of the trucks were going under 55 because I would put my speed control right at 55 and I would come up tailing on another truck every 5 miles... and they are 2012 Jettas so there is nothing wrong with the speed control in them... Since Im 21 a conviction on my record means $$$$$ in insurance. Plus considering I'm going to school for a bachelors in criminal justice and a minor in computer forensics I would think it would look better to have no convictions on my record at all.... If that wasnt the case and I didnt care about insurance going up etc I would just pay I dont need the fine reduced just want the supervision.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I went around him extra fast cuz i hate being in the oncoming lane for a while passing someone 1 or 2 mph faster than them takes forever to get around especially a truck that is "oversized load". I wasn't about to follow behind him at 50 mph down a 68 mile 2 lane road. I'm not really bothered about the 140$ fine its the not getting it on my insurance and convicted part... For some reason most of the trucks were going under 55 because I would put my speed control right at 55 and I would come up tailing on another truck every 5 miles... and they are 2012 Jettas so there is nothing wrong with the speed control in them... Since Im 21 a conviction on my record means $$$$$ in insurance. Plus considering I'm going to school for a bachelors in criminal justice and a minor in computer forensics I would think it would look better to have no convictions on my record at all.... If that wasnt the case and I didnt care about insurance going up etc I would just pay I dont need the fine reduced just want the supervision.

Unless they specifically told you that the ticket is criminal (there should be a tick box on the ticket that tells you this), then its civil, which means points off your license, but no "conviction." If it is criminal, then you should go to court and plead it down to a civil offense, at the very least.

Established Member
yea its over 30 that it is a felony I think, and the ticket isn't criminal I don't even need to show up to court, he didn't take my license or anything just said I should go to court if I drive a lot. I'm going to ask for supervision hopefully with my clean record they agree upon it.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Also, the last time speeding tickets in any municipality here was under 200 bucks was probably in the '90s. If I got your ticket for the speeds you were doing, I'd call myself lucky and just pay.

Seems out in your neck of the woods they are a little pricey. Around here a speeding ticket will still only cost ya 135.00

and LOL!!
*removed by moderator as this post is significantly stupid*

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Just received a ticket around 3 months back 83 in a 65. $490. Pay that badboy and thank baby jesus you don't live where I do.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
LOL

In Illinois, you have to be going 31+ over to hit class A misdemeanor territory, and that's only as of this year; previously, it was 41+ (31-40 over was still a mandatory court appearance, though). At 29 over in Illinois the OP should be fine, but as SVTcop said it wouldn't hurt to go to court anyway and see if supervision is an option.

Users who are viewing this thread