? on 5 lug conversion for a 93 cobra

gman24

I am looking to do a 5 lug conversion on my 93 cobra and was wondering if any body here has done this to there car and what conversion you used, size wheels, and what you like about your set up and if you had to do anything special to get it to work.

I am mainly worried about the rear set up because I belive the axles on the cobra were longer than the GT and LX. Thanks for any help you can give.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
I have done the conversion on my 93 Cobra. I used the Baer kit from on-track performance with new Ford SN95 hubs, and junkyard SN95 (95 V6) spindles. The Baer kit is a very nice, straight forward, and complete kit. Be sure you specify you have a 93 Cobra!

I'm using the 17X8 bullitt wheels and plan on going to 17X9 track wheels soon. The only con for the Baer kit is the rear 12" rotor is a custom piece you have to buy from Baer or buy a 86-94 Corvette C4 (I'll have to double check those years) rotors and modify the hole pattern, no biggie.

MEMORIZE the site that 93Cobra2771 posted. It will help you very much. I wouldn't worry so much about the rear set up. Just make sure you use axles that are close to the Fox GT/LX lengths and that you have the correct caliper brackets. I'd be more worried about the front set up, i.e. what spindle you want to use. If I had to do it again I'd get 96+ spindles. They are wider than the 94-95 spindles and they are a better spindle for the curves. :beer:

Here are some old threads on this topic. You can also do a search at the corral.net and get a BUNCH of info. 1, and 2

Users who are viewing this thread