On 3 perf kit on Mach?

kyhemi-dart

03 Zinc Cobra
Established Member
So what keeps the on3 4v kit from working on a 03/04 Mach? Just curious since you never really see a turbo set up on a mach...

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I know of a couple people running them, there was a build thread on here but the guy posted in the detail section by accidentally, go there and search and you should be able to find the build. Theres also a guy over on the corral.net that has an on3 mach 1 too.

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I would think it would kinda scary to boost a Mach just because of the higher compression and that would limit the boost you could run. Well that and the bottom end not being forged.

I would just run nitrous.

Ironhand

Banned
The kits are the same between the 99-01 Cobra and 03-04 Mach 1s from what I gather. Now as said before due to higher 10:1 compression in the Mach motor compared to the 99-01 Cobra motor 9.85:1 boost is alittle more scary to use. Plus most Machs Ive seen usually end up doing an 03-04 Cobra Eaton swap, with or without forged bottom end. Or if they stay high compression the use of Nitrous and alot of it is more prevalent.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
I was running a Mach shortblock with my 99 Cobra heads and cams and bent two rods with a 150 shot. The on3 kit fits the Mach....

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Yeah, there is no physical difference between a Mach and a 99-01 so the kit fits fine.

Also, the .15 difference in compression makes no difference and I doubt would influence anyone's decision to go turbo or Eaton. The reason I would assume most people go with the Eaton swap (and the same reason I did) was cost. Up until now, there was no 4V turbo kit under $5k, much less $2k. Now that there is a sanely priced kit on the market, you will probably see more and more turbo cars popping up now.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
With a stock short block you can really only run about 8lbs before your maxing out the internals anyway so the small difference in comp won't really make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread