OMG---PISSED-- TOKICO D SPEC SHOCKS---Replacement Needed!!!

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Okay, So my car has the tokico D spec shocks and struts. Fully adjustable. I've loved them. Unfortunately, the front passenger side strut broke on the shaft that goes thru the firewall. I've got the heavy duty steeda gt500 strut mounts too.

So as you can see, I've spent over 1000 just on having the d specs, right?

I have called EVERYWHERE, and have found none in stock, and everyone saying it will be next year before they get anymore. I found 2 websites that said they had them, so I bought, and each site ended up calling me and telling me they have cancelled my order because they can't get them.

My car is in the garage with the front passenger side suspension stripped awaiting a new strut. WTF do I do?! I can't spend another 500-1000 dollars to replace it all just because one strut. I'm trying to fix it so that I can sell it.

I couldn't simply do that anyways right? My cars a 11 and I've read that for me t fit the 05-10 shocks I have to have the gt500 mounts that I DO have. Does this mean that IF I did have to replace all the shocks, I would need to order 05-10 shocks now? Or if I ordered 11s I would have to get new strut mounts too?!!?

scotmach

Established Member
You could just buy 2 Strange struts for 05-10. They're fairly affordable and adjustable.

The shocks are all the same. It doesn't matter what year as long as they're 05+.

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
I found a site called lastcallracing and I called and the lady claimed she checked their inventory and they do have the item. So I went ahead and proceeded with my order.

I'm scared to death their going to call me Monday (because today's Saturday) and tell me that they sent the order to the warehouse and they didn't have the item on the shelf. This is whats happened to me twice already.

If its a win, I've got a car for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread