OMG!!!! BFG Drag Radials are FAAAATTTT!!!

KosherCobra

Established Member
I almost drop a load in my pants when i went and saw the BFG 315/35/17 DR!!!!! I was drooling!!!! The UPS man should be showing up Friday with the 17x10.5. The tire store that has the BFG has a set of 1/4" spacers, is that enough to put these guys on or do I still have to shave the IRS bolt down and additional 1/4". The wheels have a 27 MM offset.

Anybody got pics on how these tires look on the 17x10.5, they look like they belong on a 12" wheel!!!!!

KosherCobra

Established Member
Dude, the contact patch was over 12" on a17x9 it would look retarded!!! I don't know if the Nitto's are a skinny 315 or the BFG are a fat 315 or both. What a night and day differance

03redfiresnake

Established Member
koshercobra, I just put the bfg 315's on my 10.5" afs wheels, OK , they look awesome on the rims, the nittos I had were not wide enough and if I were to rub a curb with the wheel would have hit first- the rim stuck out further than the tire- anyway for my bfg's I had my IRS bolt grinded with approx. 3/8" left on it, and I used the new Maximum motorsports 1/2" hubscentric spacers which required replacing the stock wheel studs - mm told me that a lot of people just drew in the new studs with an impact wrench and there was no need to remove the hub , but my mechanic had to remove the hub and press in the new studs, they were bigger in diameter than the stock studs, Also with the studs they recommended, (morroso) my stock closed end lug nuts were not long enough to reuse, actually only the lock lug nuts ended up blowing out the ends after a long drive, so, I would get the next shorter studs, unless you race a lot and they will require open end lug nuts. My tires are flush with the wheel well like the front tires, but I would say 3/8" would be even better than the 1/2" if it were available. It's late and I don't feel like proof reading my info , so just PM with any questions - I'm jealous of your future whipple addition !!! My car is at the shop having an apten ported eaton installed right now, (amazon racing) and I am removing my upper pulley and keeping the 6lb lower-see ya !!

Last edited:

KosherCobra

Established Member
Man that sounds like alot of effert just to get the wheels on. UPS came on Friday and I was not home. So Monday I'll get them. I'm just wondering if the 1/4" slap on spacer would be enough with the bolt being shaved down. I'm not looking into replaing studs an so on. Are any of the wheel spacers allowed to be used at the track? I so the bolt on version that has built in studs, now they look nice. I wouldn't go more than 1/2" like you have. Got some pics?

LittleSalfromSH

Established Member
315.jpg

KosherCobra

Established Member
That looks tight!!!! Real sweet, what spacer was used? How are these in the rain if I ever encounter it? Do you guys smoke'm at the track to heat them up? How do they hook on the street?

Rwick7

Established Member
No spacer...solid axle. They hook very well after a couple hundred miles.

Good luck

elmo0244

Established Member
can you put the 315/35 on a stock rim without spacers?i was thinking you could.

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
I just put my second set of nitto 315's on yesterday. I havent had any problems with rubbing. On the stock rim.

My budddy had 315 BFG's on the stock rim with no problems. They bulge out more than the nitto but they look good.

trey193

Established Member
Yeah 315 BFG's on a stock rim look fine and fit fine several of my friends run this combo. No spacer, no button head bolt no and no problems!:)

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
can anyone post more pix of the 315 BFG on 10.5 inch rim as well as people running it on the stock 9 inch???

:thumbsup:

shaved99gt

Established Member
i got the 315bfg drag radials but on 18's i love them i got them on 18x10 1/2 rims just becarefull in the rain

KosherCobra

Established Member
Looks like the thread pattern is going to the new style after August on the BFG. I'm still trying to figure out if these spacers are legal to go to the track if I go the BFG route. Discount has the Nittos.

Users who are viewing this thread