Olds/Hurst

Twisty

Established Member
Anybody know anything about these cars? There is one for sale around here and a friend and I were checking it out. It looks ok but I think he might be asking kinda high for it. Now from what I have read they sound alittle under powered but I can take care of that with a 400 pontiac. I was just wondering if anyone had one or knew something about them that might help me out to see if I might want to purchase for a beater intil I get a new car. Thanks!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I would keep them 100% stock since Olds is on borrowed time and anything High Performance wise is going to be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
down the road But yes the G Body 82-86 I think are one of those you do not see everyday. Either keep it stock or keep everything and do not get rid of it. As a guy I know has a 1969 Daytona Charger but it was converted to a Charger by the dealership to sell it. And the original Nose/Wing are long gone so the cars only worth 1/4th of its original value.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
A guy in my old apt. complex had one and when he cranked it at 5am the whole apt. building knew about it. :burnout: If its a good price and you have the extra cash I say go for it. Simply put -- its just a cool car :thumbsup: . Good luck.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Stock they have a 307 4bbl Olds motor, and the "lightning rods" shifters.Gimmicky, and tacky if you ask me. That 307 is a gutless wonder, something like 140 horse. I had an 86 Cutlass with that motor and 2.56 rear end gears. A pooch, but a good handling car in all honesty. The H/O should have 3.42 gears in the rear, and a TH200C trans with the lockup converter, and the F41 suspension with the bigger sway bars front and rear.

They are much like the Monte SS in the fact that they were one of the sharper GM cars of the 80's. But if you are interested in that one...my vote would be leave it fairly stock. They will be sought after even more in the coming years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread