Older Turbo Mustang just OWNZ me....

LittleMT

Established Member
My car is 0-3 against a certian Mustang...... This one:

12-5.jpg

12-6.jpg

I wish I had better pictures of this Mustang, it simply sounds good, fat tires on the back, could use a paint job, and I respectfuly say it really doesn't appear to be as fast as it is, rather just another you would see on the street thinking you will outrun him.

We just can't beat this cat, he has our number, my car out traps him, but he out quicks us.... We ran a horrid 13.1, he runs a 13 flat... My car runs a 12.44, he runs a 12.33. My car runs a 11.9, he goes 11.7 with a passenger in the car, how do I know that, to add insult to injury, he borrowed our helmet for his passenger..... This cat simply has our number, OWNED!

And, he is one of the friendliest persons I have ever met...

The old adage always applies, no matter what you got, there is always somebody else whom brings alittle more....

Blue LPE Vette

Established Member
Is that a SRT? I didn't know they could time that fast. I am wondering what you did to the motor and how long you think it will last. Mustang guys please excuse me for being a lurker on your forum, I have been doing so because I'm thinking about buying a stang and modifing the hell out of it and have been doing research.

moonman

Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:
Is that a SRT? I didn't know they could time that fast. I am wondering what you did to the motor and how long you think it will last. Mustang guys please excuse me for being a lurker on your forum, I have been doing so because I'm thinking about buying a stang and modifing the hell out of it and have been doing research.

ive seen stock turbos run 12's easy.
edit : put some juice in and watch them fly.
but the motor won't really last due to no forged internals.

LittleMT

Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:

I have over 70 quarter mile runs on the car since it was upgarded with a T3/T4 50Trim, 750cc injectors, Emanage, 3inch Turbo Back and many many more mods.

Last outing car ran 5 11 second runs and traps 123-125mph.

Car has had numerous street encounters...... She runs strong....
I typically run 22-23 psi on the street which is my low boost setting, 30 psi at the track which is high boost setting. Low boost car runs 12.30's.....

I run a mixture of VP's fuel with pump gas for the street, pure C16 for the strip...

The engine has held up nicely to this point, I had the car modd'd at 3k miles and she now has over 8k.....

Not sure how long it will last, but I have a plans that includes a new small block, as I am seeking 130mph traps at my high altitude....

Heat them tires:

11-12.jpg

A member of the crowd reacts to the smoke show of the FWD that could.

11-14.jpg

Then a nice strong run follows at a air density of 6500ft, would love to run her at sea level...

11-15.jpg

Pyro

Established Member
:uh oh: Simply amazing!!! Nice work on your SRT4!! :thumbsup:

Was it expensive to do the mods??

fre

Established Member
Sounds like you have a gt35r type turbo. I wish I had the mods to run 30psi....that would be fun to say the least :) I think I am going to swap out my 660cc for 880s. What size injectors are you running?

Last edited:

LittleMT

Established Member
fre said:
Sounds like you have a gt35r type turbo. I wish I had the mods to run 30psi....that would be fun to say the least :) I think I am going to swap out my 660cc for 880s. What size injectors are you running?

I am running the little AGP T3/T4 50 TRIM....

turboin3.jpg

with 750cc injectors....

My turbo manifold has extensive porting, as well as the intake manifold,
also using a larger Zapp Throttle Body....

On the dyno the boost guage read 28 psi and the car mad 481hp, the next day at the track the boost guage was pegg'd at 30 psi and the 11 second runs kept coming...

Last edited:

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:
You saying he did a photo chop? If so, I got my ass handed to me.

No no - not LittleMT - I don't doubt him - I'm only surprised it isn't faster. Traction must be a bitch in those things.

I'm saying the mustang owner is sandbagging (as in not giving it his all) so he sees what you run then steps it up a little more.

LittleMT - are those runs in basically full street trim as well?

LittleMT

Established Member
lemosley01 said:
No no - not LittleMT - I don't doubt him - I'm only surprised it isn't faster. Traction must be a bitch in those things.

I'm saying the mustang owner is sandbagging (as in not giving it his all) so he sees what you run then steps it up a little more.

LittleMT - are those runs in basically full street trim as well?

Heh....
My tuner came up with a rear traction device which locks out the rear suspension for better weight transfer, allowing my car to get all the bite on the front tires, we donot run this way on the street...

Notice how high the rear end of the car is:

11-10.jpg

11-11.jpg

Steeltwo

Established Member
the motor in your car will handle the power you are putting to it and more.

you won't have to worry about it blowing up aslong as you do not get much knock.

many stock srt4 engines have put 450 down and run fine.

SVTCobra1

Established Member
Is that Mustang an SVO? Kind of like poetic justice if it is, or a taste of your own medicine :thumbsup:

***edit*** I see its a 5.0L

BTW: I think he sandbagging you as well, it's probably a low 11' or even a 10 sec car.

Last edited:

Blue LPE Vette

Established Member
Little MT
I cuiours, how well does the rest of the drive train hold up? I was always under the impression that fwd cars had lots of problems with cv joints etc.

LittleMT

Established Member
SVTCobra1 said:
Is that Mustang an SVO? Kind of like poetic justice if it is, or a taste of your own medicine :thumbsup:

***edit*** I see its a 5.0L

BTW: I think he sandbagging you as well, it's probably a low 11' or even a 10 sec car.

He is a very good person, and it has been a privilage to get owned repeatedly by him! He has much respect for my little grocery getter....

Last edited:

LittleMT

Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:
Little MT
I cuiours, how well does the rest of the drive train hold up? I was always under the impression that fwd cars had lots of problems with cv joints etc.

Well no problems yet......

But I guess the jury is still out and time will tell....

Dodge did do a good job on this little car, they did make it rather strong....

I am not a import person, and when a American car company stepped upto the plate as Dodge did with the SRT, I became interested...

I built it mainly to compete with the Import scene.......

Users who are viewing this thread