older Cobras can kill vettes too

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
so I'm cruising around, warm summer evening, windows down, stereo off so I can listen to the car echo off the walls :-D I'm driving on a 4 lane road that connects a few of the home communities around here. I see a pair of lights, low to the ground, coming up fast. As they get closer, I can make out the outline of a C5 vette in the setting sunlight. As he got closer, I downshifted a gear and hit the go pedal, just to pull door to door and announce I was in a playful mood. He floored it and replied his intentions (vette was an vette auto). He pulls even and motions me to slow down and yells "from a roll". I nodded and he said from 30, 3rd honk. I shifted down to 2nd gear, holding right at 3500rpms, he starts honking his horn 1......2......3!!!! I mash the pedal and the engine roars. I powershifted with authority into 3rd at 6800, gaining just a nose on him (my front tire at his nose). I switched to 4th gear and the distance stayed the same. I was all for winding out 4th gear, but he let off as I was half way through. I let off and coasted up to a stoplight. He pulled next to me as I got into the turn lane to make a u turn (I passed my entrance while racing) and said "awesome Cobra man, your's is the only other stang besides an '03 that's given me trouble". I smiled, complimented his vette and proceeded home :coolman:

FLYNLO

Established Member
Great kill. Why he would want to go from a 30mph roll is beyond me. I think that is a dead spot.....ie A4 will not downshift to 1st. Good spankin'. Keep the Vette owners on their toes.

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Good kill!!!
Have you ever taken your Cobra to the track?
I am interested to see how fast yours is.

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by jlsnsw
Good kill!!!
Have you ever taken your Cobra to the track?
I am interested to see how fast yours is.

I'm good for a 12.9@107+ on drag radials. Before the season ends, I'm going to switch to a slick and a 15" rim to get some decent 60's (running 1.9's right now)

Users who are viewing this thread