Old School Gear Knob

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Well im looking for a old shcool 1969-1970 Gear Knob. I saw a old 69 Boss 429 with this kind of gear. Im wondering if i could put this on a Mach 1 or SVTF or even maybe a Cobra.

Description: its not a ball, or a handle, its basicly a thick long and wide piece of metal laying horizontal, so when you grab it your fingers are fracing the radio, and your palm is down holding the knob. it fits 4 fingers and the thumb kinda gose under it.

its lays out like this
__^__^__^__^__
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
l l
l l
l l

The little ^ is fited to fit your fingers and you just shift like that, im sure some of you hae seen it its realy cool.

Man that figure came out pretty good lol it took me like 30 mins to draw that thing lol, im stilll looking for pics of the knob ill post some if i find it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Are you talking about a Hurst type T shifter?
34.jpg

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Nope, especially the new ones you can get with the wiring for a nitrous button at the thumb position.

GoatDaddy

do you mean the inside diameter of the thread-hole? I think most aftermarket shifters use the same diameter threaded shaft, but regardless, they make adaptors to fit. If you get a Hurst shifter, and they are nice, just order a knob that fits it.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Yah Benny is correct. Benny dont frighten the poor youngster, but go ahead and show him the size of the knob:D

Users who are viewing this thread