Old Ragity Bullitt 2v vs. C6 Corvette

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Had a run in with a C6 Vette tonight. I'm not really sure whether it was a manual or auto, but I'm guessing auto. I'm also not sure if it was an LS3 or LS2. It did have those vertical rally stripes on the front fenders though, but it definitely wasn't a Grand Sport. Anyways I ran a C6 over a year ago when I was stock with exhaust and lets just say it ended badly. Since then I've added a little boost and cams.

Anyways on to the kill, first I pull up to him and downshift to 3rd at 70mph, give a few hits and nothing. So I pass him and get past a few other cars and here he comes and does a flyby. A few more miles down Mexican Highway 10, I line up next to him in 3rd at 70mph and he ends up slowing down about 1/2 car behind me then abruptly goes WOT, I go WOT @ 4500rpm right as he's beginning to pass me up stopping his pull as I'm doing ~110 in 3rd and reeling him back in quickly before slamming into 4th at 6500rpm, once in 4th (115mph+) the game was over and multiple car lengths were installed between the Bullitt's Rear and the C6's front bumper.

C6 Mods: Unknown
Bullitt Mods: T-trim 9lbs., Blower Cams, Stock Shortblock, Intercooled/Meth Inj., Weight Reduction.

Last edited:

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice kill! I've been trying to find any vette to race. How much power you making?
Thanks, it's in the neighborhood of 450.

I used to love beating vettes in my fbodies. Good times!!! Nice win OP.

Yep although I don't like un-honked/un-called runs this one was alright cause I was the faster car. I wouldn't mind running into a stock C6 z06 in the Bullitt's current state.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Congrats OP, video would've been sweet and would've somewhat kept the naysayers at bay! Lol! Wouldn't mind sticking an S-trim on the wife's car.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Had a run in with a C6 Vette tonight. I'm not really sure whether it was a manual or auto, but I'm guessing auto. I'm also not sure if it was an LS3 or LS2. It did have those vertical rally stripes on the front fenders though, but it definitely wasn't a Grand Sport. Anyways I ran a C6 over a year ago when I was stock with exhaust and lets just say it ended badly. Since then I've added a little boost and cams.

Anyways on to the kill, first I pull up to him and downshift to 3rd at 70mph, give a few hits and nothing. So I pass him and get past a few other cars and here he comes and does a flyby. A few more miles down Mexican Highway 10, I line up next to him in 3rd at 70mph and he ends up slowing down about 1/2 car behind me then abruptly goes WOT, I go WOT @ 4500rpm right as he's beginning to pass me up stopping his pull as I'm doing ~110 in 3rd and reeling him back in quickly before slamming into 4th at 6500rpm, once in 4th (115mph+) the game was over and multiple car lengths were installed between the Bullitt's Rear and the C6's front bumper.

C6 Mods: Unknown
Bullitt Mods: T-trim 9lbs., Blower Cams, Stock Shortblock, Intercooled/Meth Inj., Weight Reduction.

Didn't think the 2v's could rev to 6500 rpm? Thought redline was 6K...guess not

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Didn't think the 2v's could rev to 6500 rpm? Thought redline was 6K...guess not

Technically i shouldnt since the stock cast crank and valve springs don't like boost and high rpm, but the tuner stopped it on the dyno at 6300 where it made peak power and looked as though it had no intention of falling off. I only rev it above 6000 when racing. But yeah a good intake setup and cams make these 2vs want to rev.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kill!

Cams will def help it rev. Same for 3v GT's. I would def upgrade the springs though.

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
2 valves rpm weak spot is the oil pump gears. I'm running a stock 4v cobra oil pump in my 2 valve and as per the builder have the redline set at 6800. I have a built short block. The stock oil pump gears occasionally crack in over 7,000 rpm operation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread