Old photobucket pics.....400awhp vr4

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I was lookin thru my photobucket pictures for a pick of my quad for the thread, and came across this. My first real car, aside from a 92 grand am. I learned A LOT about engines, trannys, drive trains, and automobiles in general. I had the car pushing 400 awhp on 93 octane. Just a fun lil' ride. I do wish I had kept it, but once I got the cobra it just sat and I sold it. Maybe some day I'll get another one. I have over 200 hours of body work/paint work into this car. Took a full bomex kit and cut it up into many of pieces and molded it all back together. Motor was a bored .020 over with 15G's. Had a 6 puck clutch, and all supporting mods. It would launch like a ROCKET, but once 100 was reached, the weight of the car caught up to it. awd donuts in snow....MAN I MISS THIS CAR!

5a32e919.jpg

The kid who bought it after I built it went to change the oil and forgot to put the oil plug back in. Locked the block, lost control and totalled it, within 1000 miles. I was kinda upset as I built this from age 18 to 20 and was my first real car.

Anyone else have pics of their first real car they built? It's always nice to see/hear stories about them and what was learned.

Users who are viewing this thread