Old News, but BS

Dolemite

Established Member
LEESBURG, Va. -- Washington Redskins cornerback Shawn Springs spent a night in jail this week stemming from a September arrest on reckless driving charges.

Springs was stopped Sept. 2 on the Dulles Greenway after his 2003 Mercedes was clocked at 98 mph in a 65-mph zone, Virginia State Police Sgt. Terry Licklider said Friday night.

Springs spent Tuesday night in the Loudoun County Jail as part of his sentence for a Jan. 19 conviction, said Kraig Troxell, a spokesman for the county sheriff's department.

Springs was also fined and had his driver's license suspended for six months.

:bs:

He played 15 games this season, his second with the Redskins after spending his first seven with the Seattle Seahawks.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I guess that the Washington DC area is just a bad influence......lol

ToplessMystic

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Established Member
I believe 90 in Va is an automatic night in jail??? Little over a year ago I got pulled over in Va, trooper said I was doing 86 in a 65, got a ticket for reckless driving because of the speed. He informed me I was lucky I wasn't doing 90.

Dolemite

Established Member
For more serious stuff, I think you have to serve at least 85% of your sentence before you can even think about parole. :eek:

They don't play in VA

ToplessMystic

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Established Member
Dolemite said:
For more serious stuff, I think you have to serve at least 85% of your sentence before you can even think about parole. :eek:

They don't play in VA

No they don't!! I was lucky when I went to court. Pleaded guilty with an explanation. They dropped the reckless driving and points. Ended up just having to pay $100 fine and $55 court cost. Part of it is a money making scheme for the different counties and state as a whole. If they give you the reckless driving charge, it forces you to have to go to court because there is no other option they allow. This in turn guarantees they get at least their $55 court fee from each person. I think just about everyone in the court room had the same charges just the speeds varied. There were people in there that were only going 10-12 mph over the 65 limit and still had reckless driving charges.

Users who are viewing this thread