old guys and the internet

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
looking at the age thread/pole clearly shows the vast majority of those visiting this site are under 30. does this mean that cobra owners tend to be on the younger side of 30 or us older guys don't usually frequent web forums? please discuss:banana::beer::beer::beer:

Don Juan

Established Member
Corvettes are for older guys, mustangs (all teh flavors) are for younger guys, or so I was told. :shrug:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
looking at the age thread/pole clearly shows the vast majority of those visiting this site are under 30. does this mean that cobra owners tend to be on the younger side of 30 or us older guys don't usually frequent web forums? please discuss:banana::beer::beer::beer:

During the first year or two 02-04, this wasn't the case here. After the 03 terminators began to get some age and much easier and cheaper to get, the age range dipped dramatically IMO.

Ohms

Established Member
My dad (56 y/o) has 3 vettes and 2 stangs, but hes not really into the whole forums thing, hes on the internet often with ebay and what not, but stays away from the forums for the most part.

EVLSVT

Banned
mustangs are cheap = an 18 year old minimum wage worker could buy one.

corvettes are expensive, and costlier to insure = older people with $$$ or super rich kids

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Almost 38 here.
Still love stangs, love Vettes and just love going fast. (Track only though)

I love this place but not many others.

As far as Vettes and $$$$ check the C5 prices. They are low enough for anyone to afford.

Misquamarauder

Established Member
It's a time thing. Most of us olld guys (I'm 50) have a lot going on. (I'm pretty much off the boards when I'm at home.) We hear the clock ticking, and figure we'd better hurry up and get our "bucket lists" done.

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
my dad's 56 and drives a 07 Nissan Frontier :D not sure where i got the gene from.. brother had a 64.5 Mustang in high school which became mine my junior year. Senior year bought my 5.0, and when i was 20 bought my Mach. I'm not sure why i'm telling you my life story, back to topic. My mom finally learned how to e-mail and does so on a regular basis, dad on the other hand.. he still jokingly refers to the mouse as "the rat" the only program he can use with ease is Microsoft Word (he's a teacher)

Don Juan

Established Member
mustangs are cheap = an 18 year old minimum wage worker could buy one.

corvettes are expensive, and costlier to insure = older people with $$$ or super rich kids

Actually terminators are costlier to insure than similar year vettes, I don't know about regular mustangs though.:uh oh:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Corvettes are for older guys, mustangs (all teh flavors) are for younger guys, or so I was told. :shrug:

Whoever told you that was an idiot.

I am 54... fell in love with mustangs when I took a ride in my best friends 60 something just before I graduated from high school. Didn't buy my first one till I was 23 (67 coupe) and a 68 coupe. sold those in 1982 when we went overseas and didn't get my next one till I was 43 . but never lost my love for them ...

Skrapmetal

Established Member

Flaw: Not everyone who posts here owns a cobra, or even a mustang.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
This site needs older guys, sorta like elephant herds need mature males to keep the cocky, dumb, horney younger males in check.:burn:

Elephants have no clue about the Web BTW.:D

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I'm 38 and the guy I bought my Terminator from was in his late 50's....may not be the norm but I know plenty of "older" folks who drive stangs.

Users who are viewing this thread