Ol' Whipple sounds like a can full of rocks....

01whiteL

Established Member
Well about a week ago the blower I noticed at idle sounded fairly rough, as I've been told/heard some are just louder then others I ignored it. The oil in the blower is at proper level but has changed colors on me all of a sudden..... along with the noise getting louder, it sounds like a plastic bottle full of rocks. Pretty much can set your hand on top of the blower(when its cold...don't try when its hot!:nono: ) and feel what its doing. The sound is magnafied through the intake elbow, I pulled the belt off the blower worried it was from the motor and the sound stopped. So its definately the blower:shrug: :shrug: The whip only has roughly 6k miles on it so I'll be giving them a ring again today, hopefully they can help me out and stand behind there product as this is the first I"m hearing of one doing this so far. I'll try my best to get a sound clip up so maybe you guys can get an idea of whats going on with it....pretty bummed as the L is my DD and this could end up really messing me up with work/school.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I know the sound your talking about... It has a suttle rock grinder sound. Im hoping that it doesn't have anything to do with the bearings or manufacturer defaualts....Keep us intuned... Your not the only one with this sound. Some are worse than others...

01whiteL

Established Member
wigginwilly00 said:
I know the sound your talking about... It has a suttle rock grinder sound. Im hoping that it doesn't have anything to do with the bearings or manufacturer defaualts....Keep us intuned... Your not the only one with this sound. Some are worse than others...

This just started up recently, and theres nothing subtle about it. Pat at PSI who does all the work/tuning on my truck said its the loudest he has ever heard one get on any vehicle cobras/l's etc etc. Its what your describing but its loud, hood closed you can clearly hear it. I've been told some make noise on startup or when the get really hot, but not like this....its LOUD when cold or hot, and has gotten worse in the past week.

I called whipple this morning and had the pleasure to speak with mr. whipple himself(Art) and he has taken good care of me:rockon: ! Great businessman and very very interested in what was going on with the blower, I'll be keeping in touch with him to see what the problem actually was. I ship it out tomorrow afternoon to them....

svtsilverback

Established Member
one of my friends with a 03 cobra just sent his whipple back for a similar reason. whipple took care of him also. my whipple is very quite. you almost can not hear it at idle. i hope you get it fixed.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Yeah definitely post up the outcome... I would definitely like the know the culprit...Sounds like during assembly the screws were somehow misaligned or mal adjusted... Good Luck ...

Users who are viewing this thread