OKC Mechanic /DIY'ers?

Codie

Established Member
Looking for someone who knows about these cars. I am leaking coolant and my oil is watery, I believe I need a gasket replacement. I called some shops and received very high quotes of several thousands. I know it isn't all that difficult if you have the tools and know-how. So, I'm wondering if anyone in okc would help me out with my car and not charge an arm and a leg? I'm not looking for free or pay nothing, I know labor is worth $$. I just think the shops are overpriced big time. PM me please or reply if you are in the oklahoma city /del city/midwest city area and would be willing to take a look at my car, give a quote and possibly help me out. Or maybe point me in a direction where i'm not going to be f***** hard, Thanks.

Car is 2001 Cobra with termi swap.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Only way not to be screwed is learn yourself..

our heads seem to be the biggest issue ..

than oil cooler can also cause this issue..

heads you would just remove and send out to machine shop

Oil cooler..we have a how to thread with pics to rebuild it with new o rings.

site has 2003 mustang factory manual to follow..

fwiw...some of my head issues had costed me up to 2 grand just for parts..I did all the labor

Codie

Established Member
Only way not to be screwed is learn yourself..

our heads seem to be the biggest issue ..

than oil cooler can also cause this issue..

heads you would just remove and send out to machine shop

Oil cooler..we have a how to thread with pics to rebuild it with new o rings.

site has 2003 mustang factory manual to follow..

fwiw...some of my head issues had costed me up to 2 grand just for parts..I did all the labor

Have a link for the repair manual? Every one I see seems to be a dead link.

cj428mach

Established Member
Bored heads. *

:bored:

I assume you mean ported heads?

As someone who tackled a head removal myself I'd say several $1000 is about what I was quoted from Ford, before deciding to do it myself.

I do have a very nice shop with lifts and I have pulled engines before but was concerned about the complexity of the 32v DOHC setup. I spent a little money and bought a Ford Service Manual (actually the same one Hotcobra03 is talking about) because I wanted something I could easily reference. I think I spent about $100 for the manual and the wiring harness manual.

Then you can figure about $500 in gaskets, bolts, fluids etc plus whatever it takes to fix the head if that is the issue. As hotcobra said the parts are getting expensive, a brand new drivers side head is about $1500 and the pass side isn't available anymore.

You might talk to Malcolmv8 as from time to time he does side work and his work quality is excellent and his prices are fair. He is in the KC area so probably a 6 hr drive to him.

Users who are viewing this thread